Would miracles cure atheism?

by hamilcarr 53 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is like asking someone "Did you stop beating your wife?"

Atheism is not a disease or misconception.

• Terry
    Terry

No. They did not convert the people of the first century to Christianity and would not do so today.

But how could you remain an atheist when you see someone being raised from the dead?

EXACTLY!

This is the obvious reason we are dealing with pious fraud here!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

He kept on going despite the setbacks. This my friends, is a miracle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEb_lZTZUUg

BTS

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Well a God existed then he only needs to show it, no hints, no codes, no prophesy, no dreams, no confusion, no interpretation. He wants to send a message then an intelligent God would send an easy to understand message or proof of his existence and would leave verifiable proof of his miracle so ALL his creations would see it and therefore have no doubt. Why make it obscure or hidden... if he knows that some wouldnt believe otherwise? If that is the case this God had not enough "vision" of his own creation and didnt calculated properly to ensure that all of us knew he was alive and we could do his will.

So if we have the "disease" of not-believing-in-deity is because he didnt provide with the medicine, therefore his own fault. Faulty God = not a very good God.

The miracle would have to be something undeniable that would make us see and understand his existence and his violations of soo many of his own laws. Thats a pretty tough Job

Just a thought.

• Terry
    Terry

There is an old gentlemen living in my building who has a large grandfather clock with woodpaneling.

He told a group of ladies there was the "face of Jesus" in the grain of wood and asked if they could see it too.

So far, after three years, everybody sees it.

One day he asks me.

I look and look and look. Then, I look some more.

I turned to him and said, "Nope. Sorry."

He smiled and said, "You're the only honest person in this building!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Beer labeled "Jesus Beer" magicly appearing in my refrigerator..

Would go a long way,to making me religious..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

It'd cure me.

Bring it on!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

It is quite difficult to think of a "miracle" that could not possibly be explained by natural causes. A sufficiently advanced civilization would appear to us as having "magical" abilities.

Some events may never be explainable. This is especially true with events we cannot reproduce in a controlled fashion. Sometimes as good as we can do is "I don't know."

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Okay, I haven't read all the posts so perhaps this point has been made... you use the word 'cure' as though atheism is a disease. I don't self identify as an atheist and I still find that to be a rather callous way to phrase your question.

Jackie

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Would proof that miracles and the supernatural do not exist cure theism?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit