Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

GodsWord

Duet 18:

19 Whoever refuses to listen to the words that prophet speaks in my name will answer to me.
    20 But any prophet who dares to say something in my name that I didn't command him to say or who speaks in the name of other gods must die."
    21 You may be wondering, "How can we recognize that the LORD didn't speak this message?"
    22 If a prophet speaks in the LORD's name and what he says doesn't happen or come true, then it didn't come from the LORD. That prophet has spoken on his own authority. Never be afraid of him.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Your hatred for Stephen runs just as deep.

I think he secretly admires him; why else would he follow him around from topic to topic?

I know even when I was a zealous JW, I used to envy Christians! There's something to be said for rock-solid faith!

For what it's worth, I love you, Stephen.

Syl

• designs
    designs

DD, snow, Lieu, TT-

Did you ever see the show Myth Busters, yeh its kinda like that .....................

The Tortilla Cult vs the Rice Crispy Cult

Some get it others are still stuck and like being in Cults

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Snowbird

I think he secretly admires him; why else would he follow him around from topic to topic?

You may be right. I know he doesn't like it when people do that to him, wait until the mods catch up with him.

I also think he fears Gods justice.

Stephen

Keep up the good work.

• designs
    designs

DD-

Booo

You poor Banjo pickin Cultists, so many fears and superstitions ............

'The mind once enlightened by a new thought never goes back to its former dimensions' Ralph Waldo Emerson

Imagine a life without those fears and superstitions and you will begin the journey of Freedom

• jgnat
    jgnat

Genesis 5:24, Hebrews 11:5 - By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death. Taken up where?

Psalm 17:15 - David plans on seeing Jesus face to face. Will this be in heaven or on earth? Will Jesus walk the earth again? Will David be transported to heaven? As a spirit being, does Jesus have a face?

Isaiah 45:23, Romans 14:11 and Philippians 2:10-11 Relationship of Jesus with his Father, "I am God".

Matthew 17:1-4 - Jesus talking with Moses and Elijah. Were they spirit beings or what?

Matthew 18:15,16 - Pattern of confrontation. Witnesses rather advise members to suppress their misgivings, or go to the elders directly.

Luke 16:19-31 - Lazarus the beggar witnessing heaven and hell, described as a place of torment.

Revelation 22:6-17 - For each verse, who is speaking; Jesus, his Father, or the Holy Spirit?

I've stress tested all these scriptures on my husband and he's bumbled and mumbled his way through. The reasoning book has explanations for all these of course, but they smack of apologetics. These are embarrassing scriptures to the JW's because their carefully crafted theology - which is supposed to be an accurate reflection of the bible - falls apart with these examples.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Looks like I'm right.

Imagine a life without those fears and superstitions and you will begin the journey of Freedom

I have nothing to fear, but you... Keep imagening.

• designs
    designs

The Cultists line up 5 wide, lock arms and go over the cliff of fear and superstition

This is great, you couldn't ask for a better forum to expose all of this to the light of critical thinking

The days of the Cults continues to succumb to the Age of Reason............

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Lets take a pole.

I'll bet you fear Stephen, and his God, more than Stephen fears you. It's so clear for all to see. Every time you dog him you prove my point.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'll bet you fear Stephen, and his God, more than Stephen fears you. It's so clear for all to see.

Yep.

"Out of the heart's abundance, the mouth speaks." Jesus of Nazareth.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit