question about monitoring this site

by peaches 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

"It's not a good idea to post your real name on any website; too many crazy people online. Some have posted their photos on here that are df'd or da'd and feel they have nothing to lose. I have been on here almost 10 years and had no one "discover" me".

blondie

Right,I agree with that. Keeping identities secure on this JWN is best idea. That is true especially newbies and oldies with families still within. You want to continue to speak to your famiy, friends without being shunned or marked out.

• peaches
    peaches

lingo2....not sure what you are smoking,,,but next time at least offer to share!!!!!! horrible life----they would eat first,,,THEN....take pictures,,get names,,,addresses,,,phone numbers...etc etc etc....they would hug you,,,and tell you how much they CARE about you....wretching--gag--cannot continue,,,,,sorry...you can finish the END yourself....it starts with a knock on the door...

• sir82
    sir82

There was a case where a prominent poster on this board, who worked on a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff against the WTS, got subpoenaed for a court case, and the WTS lawyers knew all about his postings on this board.

That seemed to imply that the WTS monitors this board, but probably only cares about things that might hurt them financially.

I don't think average run-of-the-mill elders would monitor this site looking to identify and trap posters, either - the fear of "apostate" web sites has been too deeply ingrained.

So, unless you can potentially cause the WTS to lose $$$, you've got little to worry about.

But still, as Blondie said, it's not a bright idea to post too much information about yourself on a public board - once posted for even a nanosecond, you've lost all control over it and should assume that 3 or 4 billion of your closest friends will know about it.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I know for a fact the several elders in the mid mo area monitor this site.

Last year, after finally getting my stepdad in a jc after 25 years for molesting me, I found that out!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

In case my dad's here:

Hi dad! I know you're way too clued up on the WBTS to still believe it's the truth.

One of these days we'll have that conversation.

x

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

IIRC, lingno2 is from a country where English isn't his/her first language. Lets go easy.

I don't think there are a lot of elders monitoring the site but there have to be some, and I would bet that almost none of them are doing it with borg approval. None of them are indoctrinated beyond the possibility of deprogramming and the borg can't risk losing even more elders than it already is.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Deny, deny, deny if you have to. "That is not me. My photos have been on photobucket or facebook or some other places. I don't care how it sounds like my story, people on the evil internet lie."

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I know lots have family inside still, so I guess I can kinda understand. My Mom left before me but she was never really into it so it was no big deal to her. Since I wasn't really raised in the truth my family dealt with things different, didn't take shit, when shit on. All those years I bit my lip, let them humiliate me, ect. I prayed not to feel the way I did inside, I needed that new personality. I spoke my mind at times and payed for it. Dad was never in, he just tolerated it. It is scary how your are like your family even if you try different. I have tried to tell my wife some of the experiences I encountered, and she doesn't understand why I let it happen. This board is great because everyone here understands. When I left ... I LEFT. Since I have left any Elder who has tried to contact me is dealt with swiftly. Any MS is dealt with the same. I have bumped into some old brothers and sisters I knew from different halls and have been polite, had a nice talk, they know there is no changing me now. I have never been DF'd or anything like that as far as I know. I wouldn't waste my time or paper to write a letter saying to remove me as a JW. So I could care less if I dropped to many hints of my past that it might out me. Blondie said it best "It's not a good idea to post your real name on any website; too many crazy people online." If it weren't for that, you would all know my real name and where I live (I'm from Ma. USA) My ex said "you still think your going to the new system don't you?" I made it clear to her right there how I felt about Jah. and his BORG. So as I said at the beginning of this post I know lots have family inside still, so I guess I can kinda understand. It is so much better when you don't a shit what any Elder or brother or sister, see or hear about you. It looks like we have only 1 life my friends, don't waste it living lies or in secret. ENJOY IT........ you don't another chance.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sir82 said, "I don't think average run-of-the-mill elders would monitor this site looking to identify and trap posters, either - the fear of "apostate" web sites has been too deeply ingrained...."

CrazyBlondDeb said, "I know for a fact the several elders in the mid mo area monitor this site. Last year, after finally getting my stepdad in a jc after 25 years for molesting me, I found that out!"

Not that I'm very familiar with current WTBTS policy, being 'out' for 25 years - and if anyone on board could post who they are and what they look like, it'd be me - but....

From what I know of human nature, and the prissy, pompous, self-important attitudes of the typical JW elder, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many elders did their own unofficial 'monitoring' of sites such as this...

Zid

• Scott77
    Scott77

I welcome elders , MS and the Watchtower heavies to monitor this site. Iam sure, they will learn the truth about their 'truth'. This is the most postive benefit they can get , becoming exposed to the reality of their wretched spiritual condition, coming to their senses,then turning around to leave the borng and taking steps to join this board to help even more. Is not that amazing? Should we not be grateful to help sincerely truth seekers tomove out of the borg?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit