Resignation - not that it matters at all, but ....

by TheOldHippie 57 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

YoYo,
    Old Hippy believed as you do and stayed an elder for 24 years. It looks like you have no praise or respect for him for all that time. Without knowledge of why he did what he did why do you so quickly turn your back on him? If he decided to eventually go back to being an elder how would you feel about your comments then? You do not know the mans heart, but you are showing us yours as a JW elder and it looks pretty cold. Again, try using your heart and try to imagine how he feels right now. He is a fellow human and served as an elder a lot longer than you say you have. Show a little respect toward him just as you expect from others and do not be so quick to judge. You have more compassion in your heart than what you show on this board, I know you do. Try bringing out your human side and not your JW side to try and understand a few things. It might help YOU be a better elder.

Old Hippy.

There is an old saying: "The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step." You have just begun. There is one huge wonderful world for you to discover out there. As you find that out you will grow to appreciate the good things in relation to what you learned in the religion. You will also find out that those good things were not exclusive to the JW teaching but rather a common philosophy followed by just plain good people.

I feel bad for the sadness that this decision may bring you but I know it will not last forever. You now will be able to enjoy a different perspective on life and it will make you stronger than you ever thought possible. You are still the same person you have always been. You will just find out you re a better person than you thought you were.

Take care and take a few deep breaths, your life will never be the same.

Dave

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Dave -- How beautifully put...

There is an old saying: "The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step." You have just begun. There is one huge wonderful world for you to discover out there. -- Take care and take a few deep breaths, you life will never be the same.
  • gumby
    gumby

Seven006 says: You will also find out that those good things were not exclusive to the JW teaching but rather a common philosophy followed by just plain good people.
    Amen bro.!YOYO..it took me a loooooooooooooooong time to believe this but it is true as can be!
    Many people other than the witnesess are really good, loving, caring people.
    Many love God and his word and live by it too.
    I remember a CO saying in a talk he gave "there is no love outside of Jehovah's organisation"
    I remembering wanting to slap him for saying that and I almost confronted him so as to ask him just what the hell he meant!(that was when I was doing good in the truth)
    We are here for ya yo.

• seven006
    seven006

Awwwwww Moe, your just saying that cuz you want me.

You do want me don't you? Even just a little bit? For a second?

I can help you with that smoking problemmmmm.

Big hug,

Dave

Gumby,

Oooooohmmm back at'ca.

Dave

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey, Old Dude, congratulations and best wishes to you.

As the morons come out to razz you, you'll know you did the right thing.

Was that Herbert Armstrong you were quoting?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Old Hippie may the wind be always at your back.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

MAMA:
    “Good for you Old Hippie. It's nice to see how Jehovah motivated you in order to cleanse the congregation.”

That statement brought a smile to my lips when I read it because it reminded me of the many prayers I offered up during my difficult period of indecision. I prayed for Jehovah’s hand in the matter and in the end I found I could no longer remain in my appointed position. I cannot help but feel that ‘the congregation of God’ is that segment of humanity that is truly trying to find purpose in their lives by an earnest seeking of God. When a person who is thus occupied realizes that he is involved with ANYTHING which hinders his approach to God (thus soiling God’s congregation) then he is motivated by God’s spirit to leave that place (and thus ‘cleanse’ the congregation) and return to the true congregation of God.

I especially liked LDH’s comment: “Yoyo is right, Jehovah really IS pulling honest hearted ones out of the congregation! Soon, the congregation will be entirely cleansed of all who love truth. Then, all that will be left is the Society Men, and they'll still be selling Week 53 on that Beachfront Timeshare.”

JT’s remarks about YoYoMama’s being at the beginning of his (I’m assuming YYM is male) journey got me to thinking about my own actions sometimes back. When I first got on line it was with the intentions of defending ‘the truth’. I had decided that I must know whether or not it truly was THE TRUTH. I reasoned that if it was then there was no way that it could denied and that it would shine through any and all errors and false accusations hurled against it. That was the beginning of my journey.

I’m going to make a statement that I firmly believe is correct. No sincere person can stay on line for an extended period of time and successfully defend the Society’s actions and policies. The light really does get brighter when you look closely. That realization was difficult for me to accept but once faced, many things began to fall into place.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Good for you! I hope some good comes of it and nothing bad happens to you. But even if it does, aren't you so glad not to be a part of the Watchtower Nazzi Regime anymore?

Take care,
    blue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit