Resignation - not that it matters at all, but ....

by TheOldHippie 57 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I just wanted those kind-hearted, those gentle, those friendly ones of you to know that I wrote my letter of resignation as an elder yesterday, after having served in that capasity for 24 years.
    Those wishing to call me or any society "bastard", "sucker", "braindead" or anything, as they have before, I would ask please to refrain from that. Other comments would be welcome.
    Somehow, it is the Armstrong quote about "one small step for man, one giant leap for humankind" (approximately) the other way around, "one giant leap for (a) man, one hardly noticeable step for humankind".
    OK, that was that.

• terafera
    terafera

So are you still attending meetings?

I wish nothing but happiness and peace for you.

Love,
    Tera

Goethe

• Simon
    Simon

I can imagine how difficult that was after so long TheOldHippie and hope all goes well. We've found we became much happier the more we distanced ourselves from things.

• Prisca
    Prisca

After 24 years I can understand that it would not have been an easy decision. But well done. Stepping aside as an elder will give you opportunities to discover your own spiritual path.

I wish you well.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Thanks for those three messages, and I mean it.
    You're into the core of various matters.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Hey Ol' Hip',
    Congratulations! I can imagine what you're going through right now and I want you to know I'm happy for you. There is an exciting life ahead of you. BUCKLE UP! Just for the record, I don't know you so that means you are Mister Perfect right now as far as I'm concerned.

What's next?

TimB

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

has your decision been influenced by certain...controversial.. discussions on the board recently?

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Hoping the best for you OldHippie. I am sure writing the letter was difficult in many ways. The emotions can stir a bit when faced with such a task.

Scorpion

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

All the best OldHippie,

May this be the start of a brave new adventure.

best wishes, unclebruce.

PS: It's easy to forget that current JW's are no different to us here, only brain suppressed.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

TheOldHippie; Congratulations. It must be a weight off your shoulders, even though it was a big decision to take.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit