When you were a loyal dub, did you ever turn down sexual advances?

by asilentone 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

When I was a loyal dub, I have turned down some gorgeous women.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

No one was ever attracted to me in person :(

Cyberspace was a different story....I kinda got in a trouble a couple times there LOLOL DOH!

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

I was turning down sexual advances before and after I was a JW. I'm actually still a virgin.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Yes. Still do, but now it's for different reasons. But what I'm most sad about turning down in my dub dayz, were the decent guys that asked me out in a sincere way. It would have been a whole different life had I just broken that one rule. I now loathe groups and orgs that attempt to dictate or control who you are allowed to befriend or love or not. Total BS!

• happehanna
    happehanna

Yes I was so naive only on reflection now can I see what sort of life I could of had

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yes. From a JW.

• Caligula1
    Caligula1

Blue Grass

I feel you. I have turned down advances before and after becoming a Witness also…..it was more like I ran away from them (like speedy Gonzales)……and I still do.

So that is an issue that I want to deal with, since I want to date socially, with the possibility of getting married, and having kids soon.

The Watchtower upbringing can be a negative force as regards to socializing in general, (but definitely with gorgeous women)

However, because of this “stance”, I feel at ease talking to the Witnesses, the fact that I have read (in my heyday) almost every apostate book out there doesn’t bother me from talking to the Witnesses at all.

SPAZnik

I think there were a lot of people who broke one rule to stay in the organization….marrying a non-believer, going to college, etc. If the organization would not have down college, I may be there today myself.

HAPPENhanna

You look young. It seems like most of your life is ahead of you. (Maybe that photo is not of you)

Being raised a Witness, it takes a “minute” (I’ll say 3 to 10 years, with help) to get "right", if ever. Many will never get help, and will never be “right”.

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

But when I get rolling with gorgeous women...............I already got the chandelier picked out.

P.S. I’m actually working on some financial endeavors, which are more important than the libido, right now anyway.

P.S.S. If anyone needs help with Quicken (a personal budgeting software) let me know. [email protected] or Private Message me.

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

Yes, when I worked at Big Boy when I was 17 and pioneering. I got nicknames "Mother Theresa"!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes.

Still do.

Sylvia

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, I turned down many. I am an unusual person. But, maybe because I was not a born-in and did my thing in the world before I came in.

While I was never a bargain in any other area, and was piss-poor in getting hours in because of full-time work, had a little bit of a potty mouth and refused to be the typical JW woman doormat, I am probably one of the few who managed to never slip up in the area of morality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit