A Pain in the Ass..Elders Brat..

A funny Pain in the Ass..Elders Brat

.................. ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wished I knew you, Outlaw

• wobble
    wobble

I was never one to take full advantage of the social side, I never felt that comfortable in the company of Dubs, despite being born in, I was without doubt a studious one by Dub standards, and you are right , I left for doctrinal reasons.

My wife used to berate me for not making close friends within the Borg, especially as the years went on, I cooled towards most in the Congo, mainly for the above reason, I felt comfortable with my "worldly" friends.

I guess I was a bit of an enigma in many ways to the Elders and the Congo. Most guys would be "reaching out", not me, I was reluctantly made an M.S (twice) but would loudly let it be known that no way would I be an Elder, serving my B&S as a M.S was O.K, joining the Clergy was not.

And yet I had the best Meeting attendance record of anyone in my Congo. was regular in F.S and known as a loving and helpful bro.

Many Dubs that I meet say I am missed, I know they say that to everyone who has left, but this is genuine.

What a pity the religion is a sad and silly little Cult, if it was at least a bit closer to Christianity, I would probably still be in there.

Wobble

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

I was hardcore, died in the wool foot soldier for the WT. Was made an MS at around 21 years old. I was even giving public talks a couple of times a year. Read and marked up my WT every weekend. Volunteered for the nasiest jobs at the Circuit Ass-emblies (trash collection, bathroom clean up, etc).

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

According to the wt definition, obviously not a very loyal one.

Cheeses. One life. Live it!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was pretty much middle of the road. I couldn't stand nepotism or favouritism, didn't go to too many socials and took my responsibilities as an elder seriously. I had a few close friends.

• nugget
    nugget

I was a witness because it seemed the right thing to do. I wasn't a socialite or uber zealous. I moved about a lot so had a wide circle of witness aquaintances but few very close friends. I always ran the witness doctrine through my own sanity checker so although I sought to make sense of the teachings I didn't take them at face value. Apparently I was always a closet apostate and could be persuaded to leave. That being said I didn't realise the full extent of the societies lies and duplicity until a few months ago how dumb is that?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was a pioneer for a while and from a well known family. Probably seen as the most rebellious member of the family; more of a free spirit than the rest.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I had my peaks and valleys. Even thou I used to Pioneer for a few years, I HATED service. It got to the point that during the service meeting I would get panic attacks (at the time I had no idea what was wrong) I would start sweating uncontrollable to the point my shirt was soaked it looked like I jumped in a pool. I was so embarrassed, I asked an Elder for advice... he asked in a sarcastic voice" what do you want me to hold your hand" haha. It took a couple of years to slowly bring my hours down to 1 a month. I loved my religion, but so many brothers acted like they were prophets or 1 of the original 12. I had fun with 1 thou. My music that I listened to was always "questionable" I mean everything. I swear this is true our wedding in the hall we chose a kingdom hall song to walk down the aisle and I was told the society had problems with the 1 I picked. Back to the brother he went on and on about my music he said I should be like him and listen to Huey Lewis and the News. I said Oh no I couldn't they are really bad. I asked him if he knew what News stood for. No I don't he said. Well I heard it means Nights Entwined With Satan. He got rid of all his tapes. I didn't try to be a rebel but found myself in the SNAKEPIT (thats what we called our library where the Elders would meet you when you did wrong) very often. We'll come back to SNAKEPIT stories another time.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think I would have given my life for my belief as a JW. I done what I believed was my 100% as a witness. Although it was suggested that it wasn't. I examined my belief to the best of my abilities at various points and continued on. I tried to be nice to people to had left. I left not because I wanted to but because I felt I had too. I had few friends and even fewer invites. In the last 10 years of active service in the congregation no Elder or Ministerial servants ever invited my wife or me round.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit