What kind of Witness were you?

by EmptyInside 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't know exactly how to answer this since I was never a JW as an adult. I will tell you how I would classify the immediate family that I grew up in.

From birth to 10 years old I would call my family borderline hardcore. We were in 2 different congregations during that time. My father was a "Congregational Servant" (back before the elder system). He was the construction chairman for the Kingdom Hall in the first town we lived in. We never missed a meeting. We were regular in field service. We always hosted the Circuit Servant and District Servants in our homes. In both those congregations our family was at the center of all the social activities that went on in the congregation.

We moved to a 3rd city. Things could not have been more different.The leadership in this congregation were all hardcore doctrine and legalistic. There was no socializing although my parents tried. For a number of reasons, my family backed off on our zealousness. I would call it more going through the motions. But my parents never left completely.

• dgp
    dgp

Just to make a comment, as I'm not a JW. I notice that many of you were the zealous kind. Well, the zealous AND thinking kind usually leave their religions. All the more so when they are true believers and they find that their religions betray the very principles they preach. I know because it happened to me in another religion. My mother is a hard-core Catholic, yet I think that, if she were younger, she would leave the religion altogether. Because of the same reasons.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks for all your responses. White Dove, I'm so sorry you were treated that way. Why did that P.O.'s wife even bother to go out in service? She's just another hypocrite. This is off topic, but they are willing to go to strangers' doors, but they can't show kindness and love to those in their own congregation.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

born in!! bap at 12 started pioneering right after HS i was the "congregation kid" I was "social"!!! Everyone loved me or so I thought!!! I studied a lot but had to not study too much cuz it seemed the more I learned the more confused I got? I knew the Revelation book was BS all 5 times we studied it!!!! I'd say the lack of love made me stop going but as I learned the bogus truth about the truth that made me not ever want to go again and know it is a cult!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit