HELP! Future soldier looking to join!

by megawatt 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    First off, you're a LIAR. If you never made it to boot camp, how is it possible to deal with a drill sergeant at that level?

I understand you weren't born in the United States and not that familiar with America's military so I'll explain it to you. The Marines have a Delayed Entry Program where you sign up for the Marines but you have up to a year before you actually leave for boot camp. During the year however before you leave you and other recruits from your area meet with a recruiter to perform exercises to keep in shape. Back in 2004 all the recruits in the state of Pennsylvania met the first weekend in May at Harrisburg,PA to exercise with actual drill sergeants to give us an idea what boot camp will be like. A sergeant major who was in charge of all the recruitment for the state of Pennsylvania was there also. Feel free to check the Marines official website to learn more about the Delayed Entry Program. http://www.marines.com/main/index/making_marines/recruit_training/delayed_entry_program Whenever you're ready you can apologize for calling me a lair.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

You may not be a liar but you are certainly an asshole. Clearly you are too immature to handle authority and discipline, I can relate - being brought up as a JW doesn't teach you to play well with the normal kids and oppression causes rebellion issues in some people. Despite this, projecting your own faults and issues onto others is pretty childish.

Megawatt, join up and enjoy it. I am just starting a fitness routine to get myself in shape to join the Army reserves here too.

• megawatt
    megawatt

BLUE GRASS-

First off, DEP is available for all branches to prepare, not just marines. They get you in line mainly to train you physically. They're not there to break you down, that's for boot camp to do. The last thing they want to do is scare recruits before boot camp.

2nd, in the marines, YOU DON'T ADDRESS MARINE DRILL INSTRUCTORS AS "DRILL SERGEANTS". Certainly you would've learn this from the get-go, but you continue with lying or really you're just that hard headed that you couldn't even measure up at DEP, LOL. But I still think you're a liar and just engaging for the sake of arguing to justify the reason why you couldn't go or don't agree with.

And you just add to your doucheness with your condescending attitude. Amazing, the more you keep posting, the further it solidifies that it was JUST calling you out. You need to grow up and move out of your parent's basement.

Satan's little helper-

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm actually running 9 to 11 miles a week, minimum . And I'm already down to an 8 min. mile and hate running, lol. I'm actually enjoying it more and actually see why people love running. Pushup are something else though, looking to hit 60 (goal is a hundred) consecutive push ups, lotta work, especially with my 50 hour work weeks.

For some reason I'm unable to join, well at least I can say I really tried.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    First off, DEP is available for all branches to prepare, not just marines.

I never said it was only available in the marines. Please read carefully.

2nd, in the marines, YOU DON'T ADDRESS MARINE DRILL INSTRUCTORS AS "DRILL SERGEANTS".

I have no idea how good your English is but I never said they are addressed as drill sergeants. They are drill sergeants and they are addressed as "sir" or "ma'am", when speaking of someone in the 3rd person you are not addressing them, therefore I call them drill sergeants. I suggest you work on your English if you won to join the United States military.

But I still think you're a liar and just engaging for the sake of arguing to justify the reason why you couldn't go or don't agree with.

I still have my Delayed Enlistment I.D card and I can make you look very stupid in a second.

• megawatt
    megawatt

I never said it was only available in the marines. Please read carefully.

No shit, fucktard. I'm well aware of the DEP, since it's available to all branches. There was no need to click on your link you posted or for you to explain it any further.

I have no idea how good your English is but I never said they are addressed as drill sergeants.They are drill sergeants and they are addressed as "sir" or "ma'am", when speaking of someone in the 3rd person you are not addressing them, therefore I call them drill sergeants.

Do you actually read what you post? Seriously. If you can't even get that straight, it's no wonder you couldn't even hack it. Bottom line, U.S. Marine Corps Drill Instructors are never to be referred to as 'Drill Sergeants' which is strictly an Army term in the American military. That's a fact.

I suggest you work on your English if you won to join the United States military.

Since I "won" to join the United states military, and scored high enough on the ASVAB to have my pick of any MOS in the US army, I'll do just fine with my broken "engrish". How much longer are you keep you using that same bit about my english? Really.

I still have my Delayed Enlistment I.D card and I can make you look very stupid in a second.

Wouldn't make me look stupid, I was just giving you the benifit of the doubt that you had to be making up that story, cause really you have to be a complete moron to join DEP and with 2 days left till you ship out for BOOT CAMP, come to the realization that the military would use you as they see fit and that orders will be barked at you and at the same time prove you were no pussy. So you wasted all that time showing up for drills, and correct me if I'm wrong, was this nearly for a year. WOW.

Be my guest, prove how stupid I am...

• slimboyfat
  • DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Megawatt, good luck to you and thank you in advance for your service.

You got my support

DV

• megawatt
    megawatt

Slimboyfat-

I'm sure you were going for a poke at me, but either way, thanks for posting that, lol. I'm checking out the whole series on youtube. Pretty funny.

• poppers
    poppers

In Marine boot camp they are called drill instructors, not drill sergeants. They don't call themselves drill sergeants either. They may hold the rank of sergeant and conduct drill, but they are not "drill sergeants". I know this from first hand experience.

Bottom line, U.S. Marine Corps Drill Instructors are never to be referred to as 'Drill Sergeants' which is strictly an Army term in the American military. That's a fact.

You're absolutely right, megawatt.

Back in 2004 all the recruits in the state of Pennsylvania met the first weekend in May at Harrisburg,PA to exercise with actual drill sergeants to give us an idea what boot camp will be like.

Blue grass, are you sure they were actually drill instructors with "Smokey Bear" covers (hats) or were they sergeants conducting exercise programs? There is a big difference. If they really were DIs (and don't call them that to their face because they'll respond, "Do you know what DI stands for? Dumb idiot. Do I look like a dumb idiot to you?") you wouldn't get the same treatment as you would once you are actually in Boot Camp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit