My 1st post

by Darth plaugeis 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I left the "Truth" in 2002 after being in it for more than 30 years. I am so glad I wasn't raised in the "truth". My very zealous wife who was raised in the "truth" found a worldly boyfriend and swore nothing ever happened. hahahaha yet she confessed to the Elders of meeting him but nothing ever happened. Since her Dad was the Head Elder and he ran the hall if you know what I mean,, guess what nothing happened to her no reproof nothing. Months later SHE files for divorce. The elders stop to see me and ask my plans for the future since this will be an unscriptual divorce. I told them honestly I had no plans to remain by myself for the rest of eternity. Well that's all they needed to hear. I stopped going to meetings just stopped and all my Brothers and Sisters I have known forever, never called or stopped by to see what had happened. Theses were my dearest friends I had no worldly friends so Bang I was alone. I was crushed I had done nothing wrong and brothers who I had helped in times of despair vanished. My kids believe I am Satan himself. They won't talk or see me. I tried for years and got only heartbreak. I would send presents and they would be returned. I stayed single for 5 years, never dating I TRUSTED NO ONE! I found this forum a few years ago and was surprised at the experiences I read. The damage done by the "truth" no one except us could ever understand. The Hatred I feel for witnesses is indescribable. My screenname explains it. I have become a Dark lord of the Sith. Like Star Wars 3, I would go to the Jedi Temple and take them down. I bought most of it people, those silly beliefs we had. I wasn't afraid to voice my opinion when I didn't by a new "understanding". I wasn't the model witness I will admit, but it was deep in my heart. I loved it. I pionered for several years even thou going door to door was something I HATED!!!! This forum as I was saying was like seeing a shrink and has helped alot. Only now do I feel comfortable sharing with others. A few years ago I met a wonderful girl who was patient and understanding of the slow progress I was making of becoming a real person. Holidays are back in my life and it was a struggle even thou I know there is nothing wrong with them. I could not bring myself to say I was in a cult ......but I WAS! It is a cult. Thank you to all on this forum for sharing your heart wrenching experiences.

Darth Plaugeis

• stillin
    stillin

tough break. Sounds like a good wife to be done with, though. I hate it when somebody has a "friend" in the BOE and judicial matters work out well for them. My daughter was df'd when she and an elder's son got involved. I had stepped down by that time, so it was a no-brainer. Protect the boy, disfellowship the girl. I know what you mean about all of the friendships that you cultivate for years meaning nothing if the word is out that you are a worthless piece of scum. My time is coming, likely, but for now I'm Stillin.

• yknot
    yknot

... ahh the love among them....

I am sorry about the kiddos... are they adults or minors?

• Diva
    Diva

Hi and Welcome.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry to hear what you've gone through.

Welcome to the board.

om

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

They are adults now, when it began they were 11 and 13. I have a stepson now and he's 6 . And I have no doubts now, that I wasn't a bad father. You think of these things when your own children disown you. Did I do something horrible, but that's the way it is.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome! Glad you can finally enjoy your freedom. Breaking free from the cult seems to be a process that takes the rest of one's life. Glad we have a place like JWN!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Thanks for sharing your story, you never know who it will help.

Hello and welcome to you!

Palm

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great to have you aboard, Darth.

I hear your problems and hope the best for you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to this forum. It seems you have been well and truly screwed by the WTS, It must be heartbreaking to lose everything in one go,

Hopefully you will find some good friends on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit