Did You Ever Regard Jehovah As Your "Friend"?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

While not about "Jehovah"...I thought these wonderful quotes from Talladega Nights could give us some fine examples as to positive ways of thinking of our lord and savior LOLOL

I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.

I like to picture Jesus as a figure skater. He wears like a white outfit, and He does interpretive ice dances of my life's journey.

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.

I had a dream where Jesus was a dirty old bum, and I was about to sock him in the face because, well he's a dirty old bum, but then I thought, there's something special about him...

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

and incidentally, I had brief moments where I thought I felt Jehovah had answered my prayers or thought I was a good little submissive girl and could feel his friendship....but those were few and far between. The rest of the time I felt disillusioned, unworthy and downright alone. So...make of that what you will, cuz I sure don't know what to make of it.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yes, but I also regard my schnauzer and my old teddy bear as friends.

Especially my schnauzer as she talks to me far more than God ever did.

The teddy bear...not so much. So far, not a word. He's shy or something.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

mindmelda...maybe you're just not listening to teddy hard enough....

;-P

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Hey, I keep asking him to respond to my prayers, but now the schnauzer is jealous, and tore some of his stuffing out.

Apparently, the schnauz is a jealous god and will have no others before her. LOL

• xmkx
    xmkx

I did when I was little but the JWS were quick to squash that idea as I got older.

• minimus
    minimus

Coincidence answers prayers.

• life is to short
    life is to short

No I always felt he hated me. I just was telling my husband last night I can clearly remember being four and five years old and begging Jehovah to help me. I got nothing. Then I started to promise him things, like I would be really good and do everything right if only he would help me. I still got nothing. Then I grew up and pioneered, went to Bethel and begged and begged and begged Jehovah to help me I still got nothing.

I do not know where Jehovah is but I truly feel he dose not care. I was abused as a child and we had three sex offenders in our hall and the sex offenders are treated like gold and the victims are treated like crap by the elders. Where is Jehovah in that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit