Did You Ever Regard Jehovah As Your "Friend"?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I still do.....

• restrangled
    restrangled

He was so filtered out and far away, I never understood who was in charge. Here was the line up:

Parents, Elders, Overseer, District Overseer, Watchtower Society, Governing Body, angels and Jesus plus anyone in between.

How could any one reach god through that line up? In the middle of all that were Demons, Satan, and worldly influence.

r.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes, I did. I felt that I had a closer and better relationship with the Most High than the elders did.

That is why I am here and they are there... because I was right.

• excito-are
    excito-are

I expected Scotsman to answer that way. I imagine his Jehovah is very black and white, and he knows where he stands.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Just how in the hell can you be friends with a myth? impossible, and no i never felt like I was his friend or that i could draw close to him, that is when I started (about durn time) thinking about him being nothing more than a myth, it was impossible to be a myth's friend or to even draw close to it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

No, I regarded Jehovah more as a crazy old uncle who would occasionally get drunk, break things and talk trash. I just tried to stay out of his way.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Not really. Any service I rendered to him was rooted more in fear then any affection I may have had for him.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I did, for about a year after I started pioneering. Then one evening during a personal prayer, I said aloud "why am I talking to myself" but still continued to pioneer many years after that. Wow, thats some strong voodoo...

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I'm with Peaches...absolutely Jehovah was/is my best friend. Could care less if people labeled me a "Schizo" or whatever else they would like to label it for having a relationship with him. Too many times He proved it to me....

I could tell you "Jaw Dropping" stories about how Jehovah helped me, over and over again. Of course, I always told Him how much I loved Him regardless of the help that he chose or did not choose to share with me. In other words, I asked for it, but did not demand or expect it from him. Kind of like a gift, you cannot demand a gift. It is either given out of love or it is withheld.

Simple...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no how could i be friends with someone/thing that was going to murder my school friends (as a kid),

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit