Was the Circuit Oversear treated like "a god" in your Congregation!!!

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

One thing that especially irritated me when the CO came, was that "regular" publishers were never assigned talks that week in the TMS. Had to be all pioneers and MS or elders. As another poster said on a diff thread, the visit was just a big dog and pony show!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

007 - YES! What was it about CO's and their 'funny' diets??

Actually we used to have quite a good CO (well, as good as you can get)... he used to put his hand up and instead of giving some deep pearl-of-wisdom answer, he just used to sometimes say "Jehovah" and leave it at that.

• logic
    logic

At our hall they actually lined up to greet and meet him. It was enough to make you sick.

Then they will they tell you how they talked to the CO, like I give a flying crap.

It is that stuff and the way they talk about how wonderfull the talks were and how

great field service was and on and on.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The last CO I served with was actually the catalyst for me exiting.

One of the most unkind people I've ever met.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was always naive enough to think that the CO might 'fix' the lovelessness in the body of elders on his visit ! I had such high hopes...and one time when there was a real problem with the service overseer's wife having a thing with her husband's buddy (his MS) to the extent that they had to sit together in the group on a sofa whispering and all sorts of other weirdo behaviours to the extent that local people thought she had 2 husbands...many of us had reported our concerns and the elder body just put us down and let it carry on ....we spoke to the CO about it when he came expecting some backup and he said very challengingly 'Are you seriously suggesting that there are flaws in the body? How dare you?'.....I think I gave up hope at that point....

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Snoozy..

• cantleave
    cantleave

On the whole yes. but there were some who were treated with disrespect, for example:-

We had one CO (C. Scurlock), when I service overseer whose wife was so service orientated, none of the sisters wanted to work with her. She also wanted me to book evening appointments with sisters, forgetting most sisters used there evenings to care for their families. When I could never get these appointments for her, she used to get quite shirty. I would say due to her attitude this couple were quite disliked. I actually quite liked him!

• Heaven
    Heaven

In so many words, my Dad called their CO a 'sh!t disturber'.

My Dad is usually 'unavaiable' that week (or however long the guy is there). Sounds like everyone has to drop everything they do and be at this person's beck and call.

• crapola
    crapola

Yes. It was sickening!

• chickpea
    chickpea

of course there was always the gaggle of sycophants
    who thought the COs shat gold so they hung on to
    every w0rd coming forth from the company man

i will admit we did have what i swear to none was a
    regular par-tay, with booze and everything(!), for the
    CO and his wife.... archie and mary datok, and they
    were a hoot.... lots of laughter... she dismissed the