Was the Circuit Oversear treated like "a god" in your Congregation!!!

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

I found that some were actually wimpy usually the ones new to the circuit work...finding their way I guess. I did know one that was the closest to a good one, not raised as a jw, came in in his 40's, had suffered tragic death in his own family, and found the uncooperativeness and unchristian acts of some elders and elder bodies a challenge. He finally left the CO work because of it and enjoyed the peace of his retirement back in his home area around his family.

The one last in this area when we still went removed 20 elders in the circuit, 85% of them with 30 or more years as elders, POs, city overseer.

I never kissed CO ass. I have seen some come in that don't want it but the asskissers are the first ones to run up to them to let the CO know how spiritual they are, how they are worthy of recognition (not getting it from the elders), quick to let them know how much money they have, and quick to run a problem by the CO that has already been ruled on by the elders (but not to their liking).

They're all individuals with varied personalities. There is no one CO mold.....I have seen a lot over the last 50 years.

Blondie

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yes, and my dad refusing to do that and saying "the CO is just like any other elder" at a Sunday meeting earned him such wrath from the other elders that he was asked to step down, and did. It was actually one of many issues, but that was the straw, right there.

LOL...later one when that particular CO was removed for god knows what sort of conduct, we all had a good laugh.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen this in my former congregation. I never gave a fxxx about him, though--and would hold him to standards such as ending the boasting session on time. I also never gave a hounder-hounder even a penny.

And yes, I have seen those special diets (I forgot who couldn't eat what). But I have seen the Kingdumb Hell resembling a banquet room when the hounder-hounder is in--they would have the food in the back room. I never pitched in anything or lifted a finger to prepare for it. Never have I seen one proscribe monosodium glutamate or aspartame.

Field circus--I have had the displeasure of working in field circus with the hounder-hounder a grand total of once, and that was an accident. First, it takes more than 1 1/2 hours to get the group assembled and in the territory (after I was told that, when I was leading the groups in the absence of hounders or assistant hounders) that we absolutely had to get the group in the territory and knocking on doors 15 minutes after the group is supposed to start (9:15 in the mornings, 1:15 in the afternoons) or I was murdering one person per group per minute of late time). And I have seen those hounder-hounders that loved keeping me out long after I told them I needed to be back--one call strung after another like generations.

To me, they are simply obnoxious. They initiate the use of force (in the form of stupid rules, getting the hounders behind your back to enforce rules), threats of force (their major cards), and fraud against everyone under them as a matter of course. And that is a hell of a lot worse than smoking, observing a "pagan" holiday, gambling your own money, fornication, idolatry, or even regular stealing.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

With traveling COs I always thought it was a shmoozy, but not too bad. At my last hall the CO lived in a trailer behind the KH and so he and his wife were occational visitors, no biggie. I worked in a grocery store and they would have me check their groceries, they were decent people.

The DO on the other hand were way over the top in recieving and seeking ass kissing. I remember one, last name Brandosi (spelling??), the way everyone in the hall dislocated themselves trying to kiss his ass, was actually funny at first, then became very sickening. There was one family who were new-ish but friendly, had a few people over and the DO. The DO acted like an ass and pissed this guy off, made the local elders have to do damage control and patch things up, (this family was popular and well liked). This DO to me seemed like right out of a mob movie, I mean, give him a Tommie gun and cigar and the look would have totally fit with his attitude.

I've heard snippets of gossip from working in the donation dept at DCs about some DOs and their actions and history. They seemed like a very corporate minded crooked group. Its amazing what people will let you hear when they think you're a simpleton.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Since the weather is generally good in San Diego, we'd never get any C.O. younger than 50. I never had a problem with any of them; some were pretty funny and reasonably down to earth. I never had a problem with any of them. Maybe you guys got all the "I'm so awesome" younger C.O.s?

And to address the topic, I didn't treat any of them like gods. I did look up to them, though.

• blondie
    blondie

SirNose, did you ever have Bob Wuilleumier? or perhaps Harley Brenemann?

• dissed
    dissed

My last CO was treated like the God of the Old Testament. The Elders were in total fear of him.

He literally put himself at the right hand of God when he decided my wife and I were not worthy of being in the WT org. and told us to leave.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

serenitynow!

One thing that especially irritated me when the CO came, was that "regular" publishers were never assigned talks that week in the TMS. Had to be all pioneers and MS or elders. As another poster said on a diff thread, the visit was just a big dog and pony show!

Completely agree. Once during the visit, I was asked to pray for the group as a lowly MS and then the PO said, "OH NO! The prayer should be done by an elder."

Are you kidding me? What was so different or holier this week that prevented me from meeting the qualifications?

Gotta love it!!

• dissed
    dissed

COC and Serenitynow - regarding meeting assigments?

In my case, the CO would request ahead of time ones he wanted to see or we thought could do a decent job. His purpose? He was trying to see who qualified to be used at the CA's and DC's.

I could see your point on how this could look. Showing off for the CO? Sure.

• four candles
    four candles

No!!! They still fart and burp same as me,so why should I?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit