Was the Circuit Oversear treated like "a god" in your Congregation!!!

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

There was only 1 CO I met that actually seemed liked he was sent from Jehovah. He was there to serve your needs. He was from Texas and his wife was great too. The only CO who wasn't full of crap. You could tell he hated those brother and sisters who would try to kiss up to him because he was sent from the "society". The meals he insisted on nothing special," spaghetti will be just fine". He only stayed around for 2 years only to be replaced by a regular CO who was like the rest. GOD ON EARTH.

• littlepixie
    littlepixie

I was there as an observer. I have been studying for a year. I think that maybe the fact that I am taking "so long" to study had been discussed due to the CO visit. At the end of the meeting a lady I hardly knew shouted across 3 rows to me, demanding to know why I was not out on the ministry. I am only in the area 3 days a week and work away the other 4. I had had problems thinking I was not good enough for Jehova and had only discussed this that morning during my bible study. I was told that it was Satan making me feel that way. Well that lady who screamed at me DEFINITELY made me feel I was not good enough. I left in tears.

Tbh it has really put me off the congregation. I would be more than happy to go out but I had been told I wasnt ready by the lady who studies with me. I informally witness every opportunity I can but maybe it doesnt count.

I did notice various members bowing and scraping to the CO, I saw him last year and he is a brilliant speaker.

• dandingus
    dandingus

I never personally treated them any differently just because they were Circuit or District Overseers. But I did talk to them and get to know them all since I was a regular Pioneer and Ministerial Servant for years and would invariably end up in their car group at some point during the week. In fact, I was so zealous that I found I had more in common with the average CO whenever he would come around than the elders in my hall who were mostly power hungry and materialistic.

One CO in particular we had sort of "took my under his wing" and would assign me to his own group EVERY DAY while he was there, the whole time going on about Bethel or Ministerial Training School. He was also my instructor for Pioneer School. And he went out of his way to get me on the Circuit Assembly program a couple of times, getting me to retell experiences that I shared with him in field service to the whole circuit.

But I never kissed his ass. I just happened to like the guy and he seemed to like me as well. It was clear to some others that I was sort of his favorite and a few were quite openly jealous of that because they were "trying to get noticed" so they could be appointed as well.

The ironic part was that I was the one who ended up getting that attention but I NEVER did any of it for show or to "get noticed" myself. I treated every assignment that came along like it had come from God himself and in my mind they were just men like me.

I didn't suck up at all, and neither did I put them on a pedestal. In retrospect I wonder if that is why many of them liked me? Because I WASN'T an ass-kiss? Hhmmm.... ??? Never thought about that before. Interesting...

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    There was only 1 CO I met that actually seemed liked he was sent from Jehovah. He was there to serve your needs. He was from Texas and his wife was great too. The only CO who wasn't full of crap. You could tell he hated those brother and sisters who would try to kiss up to him because he was sent from the "society". The meals he insisted on nothing special," spaghetti will be just fine". He only stayed around for 2 years only to be replaced by a regular CO who was like the rest. GOD ON EARTH.

I'll take a stab.....Tucker?

• Darth plaugeis
  • Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

The Force is strong with this One!!!!

Carefull get to close and you....... will be MINE!!!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

He was nice loved him....did not come across like a pompous ass.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You must remember Bentley then. How could you forget. He ran my Pioneer class. I liked him 1 on 1 and he was an excellent speaker the only time it didn't seem like the meetings were 5 hrs Long

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I do not remember Bentely, prob was around before I moved into the area. Did you have Russ and Judy Shelton?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I don't know if they were treated like God, but they sure thought they were God. LOL

But, yeah they were pretty highly esteemed in my former congregation. I used to be all into getting to be their friend and such. Until the last 3 years or so before I woke up. The last one I never even met over two visits. I stayed away from the last couple, as I didn't really want to be asked to accompany them in service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit