Injured Bat

by lisavegas420 40 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

wow..I'm amazed at how many people understood where I was coming from. Thank you.

Maybe like I will have a private remembrance of the little feller. Leave a flower where he was last seen alive...and donate some money to the local humane society, in his name.

It's not like you get to see one everyday...and if it hadn't of hissed at me, I might/would have gotten closer, possibly tried to pet him. I know when I'm being hissed at...so I left him alone.

I know now the reason it has continued to bother me so much is because I didn't act on my first instinct and do something for him, if it had been a kitten or a puppy, I would have. There is NO way I could kill an animal. I turn my head when my animals get their yearly vaccination.

Thank you all that have replied, I've learned a lot today.

lisa

• Gregor
    Gregor

...and donate some money to the local humane society, in his name.

His/her name? You named the maimed bat?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Of course it's going to hiss...animals do that when they are scared or injured.

I would have made some warm milk...tepid...and soaked a cotton ball in it. Bats are suckers. Then I would have called either a wildlife organization or local science museum for directions on what to do about it.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

A child will go up to a dog without realizing the danger of it..as an adult we know of certain dangers associated with going up to a sick/injured animal. Empathy or not, if a animal is diseased and you contract something possibly life altering,, you have let your family down. It is the adult thing to do by being cautious..that doesn't mean you have to be cold hearted. You can feel empathy for the animal but at a distance. And the last I heard it was illegal to kill a animal injured or not (unless possibly your life was in danger)

It's just sometimes you have to overlook your emotions and think with your brain. Especially if you have family members counting on you being around for a while.

How many people have probably ruined their lives because of one emotional act of the moment. Stop and think first of the consequences.

It would be a shame to lovingly pick up a diseased animal only to be bitten and have to pay for that moment with your life.
    If a animal is sick or injured, the chances are pretty good that you WILL be bitten!

Snoozy..who loves animals as much as the next guy!

• Gregor
    Gregor

I would have made some warm milk...tepid...and soaked a cotton ball in it. Bats are suckers. Then I would have called either a wildlife organization or local science museum for directions on what to do about it.

and when the little sucker is enjoying his warm...tepid...milk soaked cotton ball you drop a brick on his head and he dies happy.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

We called the police who called animal control and they said to stay away from the bat/animal!

Smash it and you may get some of it's diseased blood on you.

Snoozy..who is feeling a little now....................................................................

• cantleave
  • lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    ...and donate some money to the local humane society, in his name.

His/her name? You named the maimed bat?

well,yea.."little bat"

lisa

• Heaven
    Heaven

The kitten is still alive and is trying to get up and is mewling pitifully.

Gregor, I was faced with a similar situation. I chose to take the kitten's life. It did not happen quickly or painlessly for the kitten. Hence my previous posts. This action, while it may be considered humane to a degree, has had a lasting negative effect on me. This happened over 30 years ago and it still repulses and saddens me. Taking another life is not something that can be casually decided nor acted upon. For me, something changed inside when that happened. And it is not pleasant.

Last year, coming home from my Dad's, I see something ahead on the highway that looks like a rock. As I pass it, I see it's a turtle. He's made it to the middle of the road. So I slow down, turn around and go back. I pick him up and move him to the ditch in the direction he was pointed. Luckily it wasn't a busy highway. I have done this in the past with other turtles.

Lisa... here are some flowers for "little-bat". May he/she rest in peace.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Last year, coming home from my Dad's, I see something ahead on the highway that looks like a rock. As I pass it, I see it's a turtle. He's made it to the middle of the road. So I slow down, turn around and go back. I pick him up and move him to the ditch in the direction he was pointed. Luckily it wasn't a busy highway. I have done this in the past with other turtles.

the same thing happened to me. Only I took him home for a few days. I didn't see him eat anything so I got worried. I took him to a cementary way off the road that doesn't get many visitors and let him loose. It was right at dusk. I stood there and watched Mr Turtle walk away. It was kinda sad. My husband said, "how long do we have to stand out here." I said.."Until he's out of sight." My husband said I'll wait for ya in the car.

thank you for the flowers.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit