Golden Age Quotes--You have to see it to believe it.

by blondie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

My mother was 5 feet tall. Imagine her consternation when one of the elderettes, a 5'8" woman, told her she had a lot to look forward to in the new system when "everyone will be tall like me."

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

ROFL @ Hint of Lime.

• cantleave
    cantleave

LMAO Hah HAh HAh Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think maybe Rutherford (or Woodworth) had this individual in mind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herculine_Barbin

As well as Gottlieb Göttlich. Both were famous in the 19th century.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

Wow, this is pure gold.

Has anyone ever heard of any ballsy secret "apostate" answering questions at the meeting by relating a previously-held JW doctrine that's very contrary to current doctrine and citing some of these older sources? That would be unbelievably sweet.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

When I was an MS giving public talks, a super pioneer started quoting a WT from the 60s.

I told her it's irrelevant and out of date and if I ever gave a talk with all pre-80s references it would be 80% wrong and I'd probably be deleted.

She was offended of course! LOL

• Black Sheep
  • moggy lover
    moggy lover

Conversation held during the post millennium "new world":

He: "Oh Justine, you are still so ravishingly beautiful after all these centuries. Your eyes are still as blue as a mountain lake in Switzerland [use other metaphors for brown, black, grey, amber etc] and your body is just as desirable as when we married more than a millennium ago. I love you so much I can spray your body with chocolate and lick it all off"

Him: "it's Justin"

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks,

Ismael

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

About that wondering if the identity of the sexes will be preserved bit....?

I'm wondering if they're saying that we'll all be some sort of androgynous Ken dolls in the NS, chickless AND dickless....no thanks.

But, instead of the Mattel, Inc. logo on our asses, we'll have Property of the WTS instead.

I guess that not having kids after 100 years old is based on Abraham and Sarah? Gee, I'm fifty and I was more than ready to be done with the kid biz 14 years ago when I had my last one and then got snipped. If I were pregnant at 100 years old, I'd kill my husband. I don't care if I was "perfect" that just sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit