Dub Neighbor

by Farkel 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

I have a neighbor who is a dub. She is elderly and bound to a wheelchair. I haven't told her I was once braindead, too. I figured it would be best to leave her with her last few remaining years living in her fantasy.

The other day I noticed that the grass around her home was about 18" high and her yard was a mess. I asked a couple of young neighbors if they wouldn't mind helping her out by mowing her lawn. They said they would be happy to do that.

After it was all over, one of the guys came up to me and told me he would never, NEVER do that again. When asked why, he told me that she started preaching to him and when he told her he was a Catholic and not interested, she started screaming at him and wouldn't let up. This was all happening while he was struggling to mow a lawn that was so overgrown it kept killing the lawnmower. And he was doing it all for free just to help her out.

I'm sure Jesus would be so "proud" of the "fruits" like her which spring from the tree of the Watchtower Printing and Marketing Corporation.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

Would it do any good to go over and let her know that her actions were not kind or Christian and that he was just being kind? Perhaps she could call the KH for help the next time.

• Heaven
    Heaven

and when he told her he was a Catholic and not interested, she started screaming at him and wouldn't let up.

I am actually a bit worried that my Dad might start doing this to me one day. Sometimes the aging mind does some very odd and unloving things. You'd think her 'spiritual brothers and sisters' would help out. Does she have any family?

I have found that with people who suffer from dementia type problems, the best thing is to just agree with them and then quietly change the subject to a more pleasant topic or one that doesn't cause distress.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I'm pretty certain she doesn't suffer from dementia. I've spoken with her quite a few times, and she acts like yer typical grandmother-type.

Then again, I'm pretty good at math: Watchtower = dementia.

Farkel

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm with Heaven on this one. Sounds like old age dementia. My great grandmother began to get very testy with her family and would cooperate with no one as she got very old.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Next time just spray the yard with Roundup..

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It never fails to amaze me that senior (in years) dubs have to rely on 'Worldlies' for any practical help. Are the dubs waiting for the 'New System' till they help each other to harvest/build/bury Worldlies and loot their homes..?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Farkel:

I haven't told her I was once braindead, too.

That's probably for the best. Can you imagine what her blood pressure rise would be if she knew that a demonized apostate had anything to do with the grass removal?

om

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I can see one of my aunts acting this way. Not screaming. But just talking and preaching nonstop to where the young men helping her would not want to get near her.

I have another aunt who suffers from true dementia. She needs someone watching her 24/7 and also someone to help with everything around her house. Do you think anyone from the KH does anything to help her? Not a chance. She has been a super loyal JW for 57 years.

The sort of funny thing is that she really has no memories now of anything since 1953. So she doesn't remember anything about JWs. She can talk about things that happened pre-1953. I find it hilarious that all her JW books and assemblies and meeting have been erased from her mind.

Hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sad to say I know this all too well. Had an elderly mother who even though was very loving to her family would act VERY unchristian to neighbors etc. It was awful. The police were even called on her for harassing a neighbor. Time and time again I used the Jesus-christian-kindness-loving "card," usually to no avail.

Part of it is old age, and part of it is JW arrogance. Oh it was such a struggle. And the preaching, oy vey, non stop and almost manic in the end, even in her dying breaths. The caregivers are used to it I guess...the idiosyncrasies of the elderly, but it was mortifying to me.

I decided when you get old, your personality traits magnify, especially if they are bad. So I'm working on it...don't want to be like her in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit