Dub Neighbor

by Farkel 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, I have worked some with the elderly and I do believe that personality traits magnify. I saw it with my own mother, too.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL@Farkel!!..

"No Good Deed goes Unpunished"..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

So many are convinced this dub neighbor of mine is suffering from problems due to her age. I'm an eyewitness and have talked with her many times, and I don't believe it is. Furthermore, my two neighbors who helped her out have known her for years and before her "episode" have always referred to her as a sweet, kind old lady. They have both mowed her laws many times in the past.

The only thing that is different about their last meeting with her is that she started to force her religious views on those two and she went ballistic when they said they had their own religion and weren't interested.

Farkel

• undercover
    undercover

If an older person tends to become eccentric with age, I imagine it only becomes worse if they're a believing dub. Not only are you set in your ways and stubborn, now you have the "Truth" and have been commanded to preach it to the world.

So since they can't get out like they used to, they wait until someone comes to them...and then they unleash all that pent up righteousness on some poor unsuspecting do-gooder neighbor who just wanted to be kind to an old person.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

One of the things that got me looking more doubtfully at the JW's was the older ones (esp single sisters) that had been in the organization for very long time and had no contact with anyone other than JW's, going to the meetings and reading the literature. They had successfully done pretty much everything the society had suggested they do over the years until they had no life other than total association with the organization. They discarded unbelieving family members and everyone pretty much. It scared the hell out of me and really got me thinking. I really did not want to be in paradise earth with them.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Farkel said, "The only thing that is different about their last meeting with her is that she started to force her religious views on those two and she went ballistic when they said they had their own religion and weren't interested...."

Could it be that she finally sees the "writing on the wall", and realizes what a false hope she's been following all these years - wait, make that decades...??

If I were in her shoes, as I saw death approaching and realized that "Armageddon" was a far-off dream, if that - and that I probably WASN'T going to live long enough to see it...

I'd probably be really, REALLY angry about that, and at the same time, desperate to "do more for Jehovah" to ensure my resurrection... Plus, my desperation to prove - to myself - that I HADN'T wasted my entire life on a LIE - would make me DESPERATE to convert someone else - because that would, somehow, prove that I really did have the "Troooth"...

I feel really, REALLY sorry for that poor, old lady... Her entire life gone, wasted on a gigantic lie, with nothing to show for it. Not even [were she in one of those 'nasty' Christian churches] a pastor who would announce her needs from the pulpit, and ask for volunteers to visit her monthly...

Zid

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Furthermore, my two neighbors who helped her out have known her for years and before her "episode" have always referred to her as a sweet, kind old lady.

Ah...old school. For years she (and many like her) believe that the only 'good peeps' in this Wicked World are 'potential-dubs'..? OR is she 'angry' because Satan is very cunning (a Catholic in her midst on 'pretence' of doing good deeds)...

• Farkel
    Farkel

:OR is she 'angry' because Satan is very cunning (a Catholic in her midst on 'pretence' of doing good deeds)..

Yeah! That's it! Satan transforms himself into an 'angel of light' by getting two guys to mow her lawn for free and then stand by and not retaliate while a dub lady screams at them because they won't buy her books!

Why didn't I think of that? You gotta love that Satan. He's soooooo sneaky!

Farkel

• restrangled
    restrangled

This thread really scares me and what I may be in for in just a few short years.

Mom lives alone, and has to hire many different service guys for lawn, repairs, etc. She never fails to give a good informal witness and hand out a mag or brochure......even the tax guy I found for her.

When I have been out shopping with her, she hasn't hesitated to run to the trunk of her car and hand someone, standing somewhere, anywhere something.....you get my drift.

The witnesses who have done work have stacked up 80/20. 80 percent slop job/ failed city inspections and had to come back. 20 percent excellent job.

So I worry, the older she gets......The good outside guys, that I have myself,.....might eventually get shouted off of her lawn, sprinklers, etc. Ya just never know with this stuff.

r.

• nugget
    nugget

She was sitting there bemoaning her fate and that she wasn't able to get out on the service and lo Jehovah sends her someone to mow her lawn so she can preach on her own doorstep. But it was not to be, cut short before she could reach her minimum 15 minutes her disappointment knows no bounds. They were not just rejecting her but rejecting Jehovah's loving kindness no wonder she went ballistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit