sd-7's whining session 3-30-2010

by sd-7 66 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Your wife needs a real life lesson....how she has pulled this shxt up to now is because you allowed it and are still feeling guilty.....you should..... for allowing this ridiculous behavior. Put your damn foot down. If she's home with one child, there is no reason she can't keep a house clean and laundry done.

Her words sound outrageous to me.

In case you are wondering, I come from a long line of independent women, but one thing I appreciate is a working man that earns enough for me to be home. I will never take that for granted and do all I can to make his life easier.

Equally as much is she owes you some g*ddamn respect and consideration when you get home...much more than a warm body to lie next to and a "there's your hot plate of food now shut the hell up and leave me along till it's time for meeting" passive aggressive attitude.

Being a housewife in this era is a PRIVILEGE that a ton of women would like to trade for. This womans attitude is atrocious.

Until this man put his foot down, this woman will never realize which side of her bread has the butter, because while I'm sure she's all aglow with the love bombiing she's receiving, if she started asking for long term housing assistance and money from the congregation or the WT organization they are going to tell her "go and be warm and well fed!".

• manicmama
    manicmama

sd-7,

I agree counseling is a MUST! There must have been love and trust somewhere in the relationship but it has been stressed to the max if not completely dissolved by now. Especially with her turning you into the elders.

It sounds like there may be other things going on in her head as well as the religion issue. You don't say how old your baby is or if she worked prior to the birth of the child. Could she possibly be feeling a loss of self worth with staying home with the baby all day? I know that women say they want to be a stay at home mom but a lot of time they feel as if they have lost part of themselves and tend to blame it on the husband. Maybe a part time job to make her feel like an adult in the real world would help.

Your communication level is next to nill. If you cannot communicate honestly the marriage does not stand much of a chance. That means you being honest with her and her being honest with you. She may not even realize what her true feelings are with the interuption of the elders.

I wish you good luck as this is very much an uphill battle, if you care for her and your child (which I very much believe you do) you will try and break through these barriers as honest communication is the only way to save our marriage.

MM

• nugget
    nugget

So to summarise you go out to work to support the family and have set chores around the house such as washing up, taking out the trash, child minding and doing odd shopping trips on your way home from work. She is a stay at home Mum who looks after the house and baby and has cult activities on the side which are a constant drain on her time and energy.

You are not happy with the way you are being treated and she is not happy with you either.

You are both miserable and making the situation worse. So you cannot continue to do what you have always done because you will just get more of the same.

You need to talk to each other not at each other. As you have had a major upheaval in your lives it is reasonable to step back and take stock.

What you want is to stop going to meetings - they do not help your mental health and you need time to recover emotionally. Tell her that although you have been going to the meetings they do not help you at present and unless there is a special reason for you to attend you will not be going. If she doesn't drive then tell her you will drop her off and pick her up but you will not go in, this will mean she is free to sit where she chooses.

Tell her that if you make a mess in the bathroom you will clean up after yourself, I know what a pain it is when you've cleaned all day and someone justs walks in and makes a mess. However if you are coming in late at night then being expected to do housework as well is sometimes too much. You appreciate her hard work and you are proud of the way she keeps house but you hope that she appreciates how hard you also work.

Tell her you will continue to support her financially and emotionally, that you will continue to mind the baby whilst she is out on the service. If you love her tell her. If you appreciate her work at home then express it. You both need to show appreciation for each other and restore what is missing in your relationship.

She is being bratty but if she has been at home all day with the baby she may have reached the end of her tether by the time you get home. Children can get under your skin however much you love them. she may think that she has been working hard whilst you've had a relaxing time at work. This is not the case but tired stressed people are not always rational you know this more than most.

You may find that having evenings and Sundays free helps to restore your mental balance a bit. On Sundays start planning your me time, if she asks you to go to the meeting if you have something planned in that time slot it is easier to say no. Just relaxing with the paper or a good book and a cup of coffee can be incredibly relaxing.

You cannot make her behave like a grown up you have control over your actions so.

So step 1 - apologise for upsetting her over the bathroom and tell her you will make more of an effort to clean up after yourself in future.

Step 2 - be appreciative of what she does

Step 3 - Outline the ground rules about meetings

Step 5 - If you love her tell her.

I know this looks very one sided as if you are making the most effort but as I said you are responsible for your actions and in this you need to set the example and hold out the olive branch. You can choose to go on as you are but things will get worse because it becomes a matter of pride to hold onto the grudge.

I feel for you but sometimes I want to bang your heads together.

• out4good3
    out4good3

....and if all else fails, pull out her cult literature highlight the appropriate portions and start leaving them open lying around the house. When she starts ragging, pick one up and start reading it out loud to her....in effect.....call on the name of jehovah, as it were. Point out to her the consideration and respect you are due from the words of the very litterature she's claiming is bible based...and pour it on.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

sd-7, Get some counseling for yourself anyway. Decide if this is really what you want out of life. If not, hasta la vista, baby. To your wife and the cult.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Marriage is all about respect and communicating that respect through words and actions. It doesn't sound like much of that is happening. Counseling would be a great way to start an open, real conversation.

Your job is not just to work and follow a to do list from your wife. Her job is not just to clean house, prepare meals and raise her child. Those are necessary functions to be performed, but have little to do with a real marriage.

You desperately need some open, heartfelt communication between the two of you. It is difficult because you both feel wounded by the actions of the other. You need a mediator, a neutral third party who has no emotional investment in either side of the marriage.

I know it is expensive and difficult to arrange, but it sounds like your marriage is slowly withering. If your child was dying from a painful disease, would you worry about the money or difficulties involved in finding the needed treatment? If you want to SAVE your marriage, you are going to give it the same effort.

I wish you and your wife the very best. Just don't let your marriage die without exploring every treatment option with a professional counselor.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You made a mistake.

Fix it.

Chuck her out of your house so that you can both get on with your lives.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Christopher,

I'm thinking of you, and hoping that you can find an answer that you can live with. I won't try to give advice; my opinion is (amazingly!) not that important anyway.

Just continue to do your best, and you'll figure it out.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I'll tell you straight sd I won't lie to you Your fu..ed. You've been neutered by the Org. It doesn't matter what you do for her it won't be appreciated. Your at the bottom of the JW pecking order the lowest of the low. She can't have a good opinion of you that is at odds with that of her JW friends and what the Org says you must be for leaving them cognitive dissonance I've been there very stressfull near tore me apart

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Complete submission is of the utmost importance to the borg. That's why she got a slap on the wrist, and you are a non-person in the congregation. Everyone has given you good advice; the same things I've been telling you all along. The most important among them:

Stop going to the meetings. They're unhealthy for you.

Refuse to be treated badly by her.

Let her know what you want and what you are willng to give in the relationship, and then stand by it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit