Is anyone on this board going tonight........

by cantleave 57 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

That's really nice dress......

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

hope folks can enjoy my testimony, I did partake and now safely home quaffing a lovely Chablis

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

no. haven't been since 1987. skipped 1988 to go spend a few days in a beach house with a straight guy I had a crush on.

by July I was DFed. so that's wow 23 Memorials ago.

• cofty
    cofty
    I did partake and now safely home quaffing a lovely Chablis

Tell us more, what was the reaction?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace! A couple/few things, if I may - thank you!

First, to my dear Outlaw (peace to you!): If I am seen as a "disruption," it's only because there are folks minding someone's "business" but their own. I have partaken among them for the past 14 years... and won't stop now. My understanding is that both the U.S. AND California state Constitutions provide me the right to "freedom of religion." They wish to remove that freedom, but it is not up to them. It has been granted me by BOTH God and the state. Second, I don't disrupt anything at all. I go, find a seat (neither down front nor way in the back, but where I would usually sit)... and sit... and mind MY business. If someone speaks I speak, then I tell them, "I'm not sure you should be speaking to me," and before the alarm on their face gels, sure as the sky is blue some "good intending elder" jets across the room to move them away, while whispering in their ear. Of course, they have to sneak one last look at me ("Oh, snap, I didn't see any tail or horns - you'd think we'd be able to TELL a demon spawn right off the bat - funny, but she looks just like us!!")... before being corralled away.

I don't sing their songs... and I don't participate in their prayers. I go because it is what I would have wanted someone to do for ME: show me what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing... rather than what "they" say I shouldn't... while at the same time lyingly saying, "Oh, we don't know/say who should or who shouldn't partake - it's between them and God." Well, if it's between me and GOD... then they really should focus on THEIR own conduct and leave me to mine. And you are right: it IS a show of loyalty to the WTBTS... and an utter disregard for the Christ. Should I then let those who truly WANT to honor Christ NOT know how they can do so? For the purpose of "honoring" the WTBTS and their EVENT? Surely, you don't think I should?

For those who think that I am "disrespecting" THEIR event (may you also have peace!), I must say that I disagree. Think whatever you will, but the TRUTH is that it is THEY who are being "disrespectful"... of the flesh and blood of Christ. Of the fact that he gave his life... FOR ALL... and not just some "elite" group whom THEY recognized. Partaking of the flesh and blood of Christ is NOT their event - it is an event, as Christ is recorded to have said, for "ANYONE." Seeing as they enjoy a tax-free status based on the claim that they are a PUBLIC place of worship, I should be able to partake there as much as at a Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist or any other place of "worship" that offers it. That they STOP people from doing it is not only AGAINST THE LAW... but a violation of the Law... and words... of Christ:

"I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" [Jesus] said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." John 6:48-58

And I must say that I am deeply grieved that some are MUCH more worried and concerned about them being "disrespected," but make absolutely NO mention and apparently have NO concern for THEIR "disrespect"... not only of Christ (for those who DO believe in him)... but for those who really ARE trying to "worship" God (for those who don't believe in Christ, but at least have some regard for their fellow man)... in spirit and in TRUTH. The WTBTS has NOT told the truth ABOUT the first (Christ)... nor TO the second (its members). However, I have regard... and love... for both.

So, please don't judge me for going, for eating, and/or for drinking... and I won't judge you for not doing so.

My ONLY "crime" among them was eating and drinking... and receiving holy spirit so that I am now led by that "anointing." I don't disturb them; they disturbed theirselves... and may do so still... because they ARE dictating as to who should... and who should NOT eat and drink. But they are not the mediator of MY covenant with God's... or anyone's for that matter... except possibly yours. Because you are letting them dictate to you STILL... as to what you should... and should not... do... with regard to Christ. Who, then, do YOU truly "follow"?

Again, I bid you ALL peace... and ears to hear... when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU (and they WILL say to you, if they have not already):

"Come! Take life's 'water'... the holy spirit of God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies... which spirit is poured out from the innermost parts of His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, my Lord and Master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... free!"

Because if you would ask, you would receive from THAT One "streams of LIVING water" which would become in YOU... a "fountain, bubbling up... to impart everlasting life."

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cofty - this is Jooks thread

My Memorial Tonight

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks

• agent zero
    agent zero

i'll be getting ready shortly..

• cantleave
    cantleave

Aguest - You have my respect on this. You genuinely feel you have a calling that the JW's feel should be symbolised by taking of the emblems. So you have every right to to attend and publicly identify your heartfelt belief. I don't see that as disruptive.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's all finished here in the UK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit