The Beard Starts TODAY

by Mad Sweeney 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

This post is so funny because that was the first thing I did after I quit..... I have to grow a beard, and since 2002 like Samson, no razor has touched my head. I always felt I would never be able to get people to forget I was a JW before....... now I get "you were a JW really?? I can't believe that.. How long were you one? NO WAY!!!!!!!!! Freedom is soooooooooooo sweet.

• zoiks
    zoiks

The beard is win!

Mrs. Zoiks loves my beard...

• awildflower
    awildflower

This thread is cracking me up. I love the "two questions" and Sd'7's affirmative and loud "YES". We all heard that brother. It just hit me how big a deal this beard thing is for guys. I'm married to a military guy so no beards aloud, I was a jw forever, so I never knew beards. But I guess it's a big deal! You guys go for it! I'm going for the tattoo myself this summer.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Thanks. At some point I'm going to write about my fade-fail and hopefully show others what not to do.

Has your fade officially failed? I know on another thread you mentioned they might be on to you?? How is everything going?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I love my beard !!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Just thought I'd share that the beard is back and has been for the last few weeks, gray hairs and all.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

mine is 3 weeks old and i've had enough it's coming off today

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I knew an elder who grew a beard. The next thing I knew he was an apostate.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Mad Sweeney - excellent! Yes, my ego took a hit when the kids started playing 'let's count the gray hairs in daddy's beard'...but they add a bit of character and Mrs. Zoiks finds me even more irresistible with it.

Finallysomepride - is it the itching? The beard really needs at least a full month to flourish and achieve awesomeness. Why not stick with it for another two weeks or so?

-zoiks, of the bearded class

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

zoiks

to late it's gone feels much better.

i have had both full beards & goaties a few times since leaving jwland, mainly bcoz i'm to lazy (to busy) to shave everyday, enjoy having a beard but enjoy it more without. Longest time i have had one would about 18 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit