The Beard Starts TODAY

by Mad Sweeney 49 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i love it when someone leaves and grows a beard, especially the sisters.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I grew a goatee. I've had it for over a year now. I've got a rather broad face. Broad jaws. The goatee makes my face look thinner, and frames it. There's a few white hairs in it too, but I think it looks nice. My wife loves it.

BTS

• JeffT
    JeffT

Same for me. I shaved it off when I became a dub and grew it back while on vacation in 1988. That was six months or so before we sent the DA letter. I ran into a couple of brothers in the grocery store after I got back from the vacation. Got some really odd looks/comments from them.

Congratulations on making the public statement.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think if you grow a beard because it suits you, then fine, however if you're doing it because of or in spite of or in any way tangential to a reaction to the Borg, then they still have the strings attached to the marionette.

Public statements are meaningless.

• snowbird
    snowbird

{Public statements are meaningless.}

Not to the one making it, nor to others who may be emboldened by such a statement.

Sylvia

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

A public statement is still allowing others to exercise authority over you. If you are free, you have no need of statements.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

YEAH - let that testosterone surge though your face

• sd-7
    sd-7
    (1) On the basis of knowledge about the WTS, have you rejected the GB as God's appointed men, and dedicated yourself to not do their will?

YES!

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and growth of beard identifies you as not being one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with an organization going against God's Holy Spirit?

YES!

By my clear and affirmative answers, I have identified myself alongside those who can seek truth through independent thinking and free of spiritual abuse. Let us pray...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I briefly grew a beard too (upon exiting from the cult), unfortunately for me there are are a few patches where there are no hair follicles and it doesn't look good. Clean shaven for me. :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    (2) Do you understand that your dedication and growth of beard identifies you as not being one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with an organization going against God's Holy Spirit?
    By my clear and affirmative answers, I have identified myself alongside those who can seek truth through independent thinking and free of spiritual abuse. Let us pray...

THAT WAS AWESOME!

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit