How's this for Progress?

by cantleave 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Congratulations to all of you that are not going for the first time. You will NOT regret your decision.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Nice going.

• wobble
    wobble

I will not be going for the second time, missing last year was the first time I had missed for 58 years.

It did not put me back on the radar, but we have a lazy bunch of Elders, the one who would have hounded me has moved hundreds of miles away.

We received an invitation through the door,and I hope that will be it.

My Wife's B.I.L got an invite through his door, he has never been a Witless, but his Wife was raised in, never baptised. He sussed which was the Witless car and stuffed it under their windscreen wiper, Tee Hee. t was a pity I had not forearmed him with one of "IKnowall' 's invites.

All I can say is good luck Cantleave, I am sure you can skip round whatever they try after the event, or rather, non-event.

Love

Wobble

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations, cantleave.

I'm another first-time skipper, too! Awesome to know I'm not alone. And like cantleave, my wife is by my side, thank God! I know it's going to become a fade-fail pretty quickly because they're going to demand answers, but what is, is. Unless it's for a funeral I'm never going to a Kingdom Hall again.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Good luck and if they ask why you didn't go tell them you were sick, sick of all their BS!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Hey Mad Sweeney, Congratulations to you and your wife. I have been out for 38 years. I had not stepped inside a Kingdom Hall since until about 11 years ago when I went to a cousin's funeral. For me, it was not a good experience at all. It brought back too many traumatic memories and I will not go inside a Kingdom Hall again. I will consider going to a graveside service or a family home gathering but not into a Kingdom Hall again. Mostly I just don't go to their funerals. I'm not close with any of my JW relatives anyway.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW!!! i love hearing all the 1st time no goers!!! me too!!! that is a biggy gave the talk last year!!!! You go!!!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It’s been 10 years for me. The first time you miss the Memorial is the hardest, especially if you were born into the JWs. But the strange feeling you have of not being at the Memorial will get easier as time goes on, trust me on that.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Great progress.

Congratulations

Cheers

Chris

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Great news Cantleave. I hope you have planned something really good for you and your wife to mark this momentous occasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit