How's this for Progress?

by cantleave 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Last year I gave the memorial talk, this year for the first time in my entire life I won't even be going.

I guess that missing the memorial will definitely put us on the elder's radar, so I am expecting the elders to be concerned an interrogation.

I was going to use the excuse that I will be in a different part of country, but I won't be and I will be at work with at least 3 other JW's in a neighbouring congregation.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

ditto...ditto...ditto...to all three paragraphs. Wow!

• blondie
    blondie

So 3 other jws won't be going either?

Being an elder and not going will put you on their radar...the "brothers" are only interested in my husband, the multi-tasking elder. They didn't need to find more elders because my hubbie handled the duties of 3 brothers.

Our house Tuesday night. No Reject Jesus Party for us. Covering all our bases.

• dissed
    dissed

Well cantleave, you can always say, you didn't go because you didn't receive an invitation.

"I thought you didn't want us to come brother 'concerned Elder'. We never received our invitation"

• cantleave
    cantleave

I haven't been an elder since November, when I stepped down "for family reasons".

• dissed
    dissed

My Bro-in-law has progressed in reverse. He was just re-appointed an Elder after 10-12 years from not serving. And his first assignment? He's giving the talk.

His sadly crazy wife will need someone next to her, preventing her from drinking all the wine in the cup.

His three grown up children and families will not be attending due to the fact ALL are apostates.

He's the one, I've mentioned here before, that told two of his sons to use protection when they fool around and not too let the elders find out they are fornicating.

And of course, he was appointed by the see all, know all, HS.

• cantleave
    cantleave

That Holy Spirit sure needs to learn about judgement when it comes to appointing elders.

• Purza
    Purza

Wow - from giving the talk last year and not even going this year is a HUGE step. I wish you the best. Enjoy your "free" Tuesday evening.

Purza

• zoiks
    zoiks

Excellent progress! I too have to prepare for the suddenly re-interested elders after I don't attend.

Best of luck to all who will be absent for the first time!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can't believe the pressures you faders go through. I'm glad I got df'd!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit