Why would a woman want to look like that?

by TD 35 Replies latest social physical

• TD
    TD

I was leafing through a diet and exercisie magazine my wife subscribes to and noticed (Not for the first time) that the female fitness models don't look like women at all. --They look like anorexic teenaged boys with long hair.

Skinny to the point of emaciation is not fit. I would be willing to bet that not one of these models could even run a 10K.

Skinny to the point of emaciation is not attractive. Anorexic teenaged boys with long hair and women's clothes are just not attractive --Sorry.

This was a Martha Stewart publication with a female editor and writing staff, which only makes the question more perplexing -- Why is this impossible, unattractive standard held up as ideal for women? Do some women actually think this look is desirable?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Sadly this is the case. A lot of women think this look is desirable. It is held up as the ideal, and more often than not, is presented to us in the package of 'celebrity' , 'status' and 'success'. So skinny....in a mistaken way, equals happiness.

Healthy....is attractive. I did ask my female friends what they thought was the more attractive figure to have and just about all of them said thin.

I asked my male friends the same question and they all said they like curves.

No surprises with that one.

• manicmama
    manicmama

TD,

on behalf of all the REAL women out there, BLESS YOU!!

mm

• The Finger
    The Finger

I have always preferred thin women with little or no breasts.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I prefere my men with little or no breast also The Finger.

As for skinny women being healthy and fit. Meh! That's fashion for you.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Would someone please ask Angelina Jolie to eat a ham sandwich?

• leavingwt
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

These are the 2 women..

That "Ate" Kirstie Alley and Opra Winfrey ..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• The Finger
    The Finger

I don't have moobs.

• crapola
    crapola

I have no idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit