What is the main issue you have with this religion?

by Quillsky 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Legalism

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

How can truth be truth if it's constantly changing? Goodness, baseball's rules are more sacred and unchanging than the GB's.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

While there are many issues (both doctrinal and other) that people can have with the religion, the biggest issue that hit me personally was their lack of respect for personal boundaries. This is an all-pervasive problem.

I don't know if this was just because I am a woman and if they do the same thing to men but I would have to say that this was Number One on my list. Even though this might not seemingly be as important as somebody's doctrinal issues, it cannot be underestimated that this lack of respect for somebody's boundaries is just the first step in trying to exploit that person. They break down the first line of defense. Of course, the love bombing comes first and this gets people to let down their guard. Then the nervy behavior follows. Bottom line: complete and thorough exploitation if you are not smart enough to stop them. Of course the victims are duped into believing they are 'sacrificing for Jehovah'.

I resisted all the users and their neverending attempts the whole time I was in this religion.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The main issue is crystal clear and I'm a bit surprised that other posters didn't drill down on it:

Institutionally forced disfellowshipping. There is NO graceful and dignified way to leave the religion once one is in it.

Once that practice is gone, every other wacky thing about the WTS is irrelevant. When people can leave freely with their families and dignity intact, it is up to them if they CHOOSE to suffer from the lack of love, legalism, bullying, guilt, micro-management, failed prophecies, GB aggrandizing and every other wacky thing that makes up the religion. They also will be able to take blood transfusions with impunity.

There is only ONE issue that matters and that issue is institutionally forced disfellowshipping. I have stated many times that if the WTS removes its practice of disfelloshipping, I will forever remain silent from opposing it. After that, there would be no need because people would then be free to walk away from WTS idiocy...IF they choose to do so.

End of lesson.

Farkel

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I would have to say the main issue is view the organization above ALL, including the teachings of Jesus.

From that we get the Blood issue, disfellowships and all the other crap that the "organization" spits out.

• tec
    tec

Judging.

Constant judging.

Listening and learning from JW's taught me to see the evil in everything.

I was forgetting how to love.

Going back to Christ is helping me to remember how to love.

• thomas15
    thomas15

They totally ignore the fact that the Bible teaches salvation by grace (of God), a free gift, not by works. The WT salvation system is totally works based.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

All so interesting.

• dgp
    dgp

Though I have never been in, and never will be, my main issue is that the religion is a plain, life-destroying, love-exterminating lie. All other issues are secondary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit