What is the main issue you have with this religion?

by Quillsky 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the control they take!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's nonsense; it's a cult.

• Terry
    Terry

The Watchtower Society has followed the template of the Catholic church to the very last instance.

They have substituted their own institutional authority in place of God and made themselves the point of entry (or exit.)

While claiming all sorts of high-minded and lofty credentials for themselves this group has played fast and loose with the lives

of the people they claim to care about.

Further, the theology of the Watchtower is based on a false premise: that of an inerrant bible and a sole channel of communication theory.

There are no original manuscripts or autgraph originals with a pure and uncorrupt preservation of Divine Communication existing anyplace on Earth we can compare our bibles today to for verification purposes.

We have fraud, too.

Passing yourself off as a communicator of Jehovah's proprietary plans and then failing to get those plans right is unthinkable.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The same issue I have with all religion. It claims to know the unknowable and offers an instant answer to unanswerable questions. In doing so it closes people's mind to seeking truth.

Organised religion stands in the way of progress. Claiming the earth is just 6000 or 10000 years old robs us of understanding the true awe of our existence and the billions of years that the development of life on earth has taken. It stops us taking full responsibility for how we treat the earth.

Truth is not a rigid set of beliefs. Once we think we posses the truth, we close our minds to other possibilities. In that moment we have lost our connection with the infinite.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Control:

Control of information

Control of people

Control of language

Control of emotions

• JWoods
    JWoods

LYING - repeatedly, arrogantly, and unrepentently.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

To me it simply came down to one thing. They were wrong. I could deal with all the negative issues, and all the sacrifices I was expected to make, if I truly believed there was going to be a payoff for it. Once I stopped believing that, it seemed so pointless to continue.

• nugget
    nugget

In proverbs it says that one of the seven things God hates is a lie. I too hate lies they are poisonous and insidious and after a while all effort is bent on supporting the lie.

The society has lied about it's past, the origins of it's doctrines, it's mistakes and it's cruelty. In order to support their lie they change magazines and documents, they forbid questions, they clamp down on education and victimise anyone who discovers the lie.

Think of the energy to rewrite the songbook and change doctrine and build up the cult of the GB.

Never one apology or admission of guilt, no retractions, no integrity. Can you imagine Jesus embracing any one member of the GB as a true servant of his. It is impossible.

I hate that I believed the lie, that I was taken in by it and duped and that I was part of an organisation giving life and breath to the lie. I hated being a liar.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Mine is the control as well. I want to be free to be myself. To speak to whom I please, to celebrate whatever I wish, and to pursue any avenue of education.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

It’s hard to pin point one issue… but I’ll split my issues into two categories.

Organizational:

1) That’s the MAIN problem. There should not be a centralized organization holding the last saying in everything.

2) That the congregations are not independent.

3) That a corporation has appropriated a religion that had the potential of being a good religion, where they not to have some dangerous and wacky doctrines…

which brings me to…

Doctrinal:

1) The Blood ban. At this point, they should turn it into a matter of “conscience”.

2) Shunning and Judicial Committees. Each congregation should have the right to expel any member, but they should not impose a shunning policy that breaks families apart. Each individual should have the right to decide whether or not to associate with a diss-fellowship member without repercussion.

3) Pastoral and Eldership. Too many managers and supervisors and not enough God fearing and loving humble men.

In my opinion, there one thing that needs to be done in order to make this an OK religion…Free the religion from the corporation…that’s it…that’ll solve a lot of problems. I’m ok in becoming a Baptist that doesn’t believe in hell, the trinity; don’t celebrate certain holydays, and do missionary work.

P.S Terry. I don’t think I ever had the chance to say that I enjoy your posts. I can’t quite put my fingers on it…but there is something different in your approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit