If You're Single What's Your View Of Dating For Mostly A "Booty Call"?

by minimus 42 Replies latest social relationships

• minimus
    minimus

I have a female friend who has dated a guy for over a year simply for the sex.

A lot of people I know have zero desire to get married or to be in a very serious relationship but of course, they still want sex.

What do you think of this?

• undercover
    undercover

What goes on between consenting adults is their business, not mine...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

As long as both parties have this understanding, I have no problem with it.

• minimus
    minimus

Oh....the 2 have to consent, huh?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Well, there was a time when I would have said "is there some other reason to go on date?"

In theory, at least, I've grown up some since then.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Take it when you can get it !!

LOL !

• Terry
    Terry

I'm not wired that way and I wish I were!

I don't know if you call it empathy or subjectivity or what else it could be.

I can only imagine it is because I have four daughters. When my first daughter was born (1970) I started a relationship that went on to

include her entire life up to now. I see her as a complete person. By extension (and projection) I can't objectify any woman I meet because they too are complete human beings.

Using another person (by consent or otherwise) is a haunting and degrading awareness implying something deeply deficient inside you.

Sexual passion appears to be a primal urge which has little to do with the humanity of the persons involved. Yet, my brain is always engaged and I can't separate the two!

My loss, I suppose.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Something of note on Purp's thread - What It Means To White:

People have been migrating and fornicating forever ...

At one time, I frowned on pre-marital sex, period.

Now, I'm like whatever floats your boat.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What do you think of this?

My single friends seem to prefer more meaningful relationships. More like serial monogamy. They need to get their rocks off, of course, and will hit something they picked up at the bar, but it doesn't satisfy them the nearly same as sex with someone they have a romantic connection with. Although short of seriousness, I guess a friend with benefits is a step better than a one night stand.

Using another person (by consent or otherwise) is a haunting and degrading awareness implying something deeply deficient inside you.

That's the way I see it too. It's so.....dehumanizing? I don't know what the word is here exactly. But as I said, my single buddies seem to feel pretty lousy after impersonal sex, even non X-JWs. It's only half the pie, we need to bond on a different level as well, not just physical.

By extension (and projection) I can't objectify any woman I meet because they too are complete human beings.

Exactly, that just feels so wrong to me.

BTS

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Now, I'm like whatever floats your boat.

Sylvia

Oh wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit