When I was a boy,

by John Doe 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I was a girl a Hersheys chocolate bar was 10 cents and Twinkies tasted like heaven...now they taste like crap.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Cadburys is sooo much better than Hersheys

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

didn't Cadbury just get bought out by Hersheys?

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think so. I think Kraft own Hersheys. (Having said that I dont know)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Close

• crapola
    crapola

When I was growing up we had a snow cone stand that made the best snowcones from the shaved ice. The small ones were a dime and large was 15 cents.

My best memory was riding home in the back of my dad's pickup eating one of those.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Penny candy!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We made orange juice ice cubes too ! Kool-aid was more popular than pop and we iced it too .

Chocolate doesn't taste the same any more :( but it doesn't stop me from eating it ! ha

• crapola
    crapola

Another fond memory of when I was really young is when my parents would give me and my sister each a dollar and we could go to the 5 & Dime and get 2 or 3 little toys. That was so much fun. A dollar stretched back then.

When I think about it now though, 2 dollars was probably what my dad made in an hour. So he was mighty generous and good to us.

• Think About It
    Think About It

When I was a boy in the 3rd grade I built a shoeshine box and would go into all the honky tonks to make money shining shoes. I came upon my 3rd grade teacher Mrs.Smith in a booth one night drinking beer with these people and it embarrassed the crap out of her.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit