When I was a boy,

by John Doe 30 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

we didn't have all of these frufru whoppiededoo kinds of Doritos. You wanted a Dorito, by golly you got a damned Dorito. Same thing with Pepsi. We didn't have any orange lemon grape one three whistlebritches kinds of Pepsi. It was either regular or diet. The whole word is going straight to hell in a first class envelope I tell you!

• asilentone
    asilentone

When I was a boy, I drank alot of Grape and Orange Fantas.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Anybody remember Double Cola? I think it was cola favored battery acid.

Think About It

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

When I was a girl we didn’t have Doritos. Never heard of Mexican food until I was about 10.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When I was a boy - you could get four black jacks or fruit salads for 1p.

• nugget
    nugget

When I was a girl there were no MacDonalds, Burger King, KFC or Pizza Hut.

Orange juice was considered an appertizer in restaurants.

Gobstoppers really stopped you gob and once inside your mouth you couldn't get it out again without breaking your teeth. You could buy candy cigarettes and coconut tobacco.

Takeaway was fish and chips.

It was fun not as vibrant as today or as cosmopolitan but there was more community.

• The Finger
    The Finger

When I was a boy a small packet of Chocolate Digestives on very rare occasions were to found in the biscuit tin, hmmm, yum! yum! and on even rarer occasions the odd Chocolate Finger.

• bluegirl78
    bluegirl78

Lol, I know exactly what you mean! The originals are still the best, imho. Anyone remember Crystal Pepsi? That was a big thing for a short time when I was a girl.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

When I was a boy all we had was orange fanta

regular coca cola

diet wat the hell is that? hehe

• four candles
    four candles

Cantleave,I remember that,you could also get 4 Bazooka Joes bubble gum with a little comic inside for 1p......when I was a boy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit