see what happens for "all" who venture into the wicked world

by booby 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booby
    booby

this tripe from the june 15 tower. how many of the witness kids "and adults" get into trouble right within the congregation. just recently talked to an old friend still in whose witness son in law left his daughter for another and subsequently his daughter got hooked up with that ladys husband. ya, thats not like those kooky worldly people is it.

18 In contrast, some who in the past chose
    to leave the ‘safe water' of the Christian
    congregation now bitterly regret that decision.
    One sister, whom we will call Tanya,
    explains that she was "raised around
    the truth," but when she was 16, she left
    the congregation to "pursue worldly enticements."
    Among the results she experienced
    were an unwanted pregnancy and an abortion.
    She now says: "The three years I spent
    away from the congregation left ugly scars
    on my emotions that will not go away.
    Something that continues to haunt me is
    that I killed my unborn child. . . . I want to
    tell all the young ones who are wishing they
    could ‘taste' the world even for just a little
    while: ‘Don't!' It may taste good at first, but

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

The tools of rhetoric lend toward those who prefer to deceive.

How many JWs can read analytically? Going to College improved my ability to ask questions about the content of material being studied. Look harder at the WT BS (not a Bachelor of Science, of course) and you’ll find enormous numbers of misleading statements.

Liars tell lies and deceivers deceive.

Ever see a scripture quoted in a Watchtower publication in this way : "first part of scripture quote" Watchtower idea "last part of scripture quote". When I saw that in a Watchtower pub I realized this would cause one to hear a polluted message of scripture and remember it THAT way.

Adding to scripture carries an enormous penalty.

Christ died for all, to pay in full the penalty for all men's sins. Nothing can add to that sacrifice, no works, amount of study, publication distribution, meeting attendance. These can't add value to the blood of Jesus to "ensure" salvation as if works prescribed by men brought even the last 1% needed to perfect salvation.

This is the biggest sin of the Watchtower: that they equate their directives as being as necessary for salvation as Jesus death was.

Having full belief that Jesus actually paid our penalty in full is what God wants - FULL FAITH in God's provision. If one thinks more is needed - then actual faith in the provision is not present. As Abraham said, "God will provide the sacrifice." Salvation is a GIFT.

The young woman's feelings of "ugly scars on my emotions that will not go away" indicate she has unabated guilt. Guilt will continue in those who do not believe that Jesus paid the full price for all our sins.

Prayers and blessings,

Paul

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I believe that anyone who lives by decent standards and then leaves them can suffer and have serious regrets.

The difference is that JW's live by some principles and a plethora of rules. Some of which they know are complete hogwash, especially congregational specific rules. e.g. To have counting time be explained via "biblical principle" has the effect of crushing common sense and true moral standards. The overall effect is that when they break free from the idiotic rules they break free from what they likely would keep for standards if not compressed by the weight of "Mother's" silly controlling rules.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Here's my terrible story of what happened to me when I left the dubs in my 20s:

I went to college and obtained a B.A. and M.A. in English.

I had a career as a teacher, tutor, writer, and editor.

My husband and I raised our son to have an open mind and no neuroses. He also went to college, married a wonderful young woman who has a terrific career, and now has a two-year-old son (my treasure!)

Because of my husband's and my college educations, we own our own home and have some financial security.

When my husband retires, we plan to travel and learn as much as we can about .... well, everything.

Whenever I think about the choices I've made in my life, leaving the WTS was the very best one I made (well, maybe husband is #1)

Pretty horrible, huh?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Parakeet. "You did good", as they say.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah, hah! Congratulations, Parakeet! Good for you!

Shortly after I joined the board, I started this topic: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/174163/1/Deepest-sympathies-to-all-ex-JWs-whove-been-hurt-by-the-WORLD

Don't let the title fool you - it was largely aimed at the infamous Renaii who bemoaned her sad state of affairs when she went "into the world"...

Anyhoo.... I hope "enjoy" is the word...

Zid

• crapola
    crapola

I saw alot more hypocrisy in the cong than I ever have outside of it in the "wicked world".

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Watchtower Society is the Wicked World, full of deceiving corruption, manipulation and exploitation.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I’ve been out of the JWs for 10 years now and I have never regretted for one minute my decision to leave.

As for “the world” and the people living in it, they are no worse, perhaps better than any JWs I have known.

I know they focus on people who make mistakes due to bad management eg If you have unprotected sex, then the result might be pregnancy. Now this girl who left at 16 should have made sure that if she had sex, that she would protect herself from pregnancy and sexual diseases. But she didn’t, and she reaped the results.

BUT THAT DOESN’T HAPPEN TO EVERYONE WHO LEAVES THE WTS!!!

She was young, and no doubt grew up sheltered from the ways of the world. At 16, she probably had the worldly mutzpa of a normal 10 year old. So of course when she left the WTS she made stupid mistakes (and who doesn’t make mistakes at 16) and instead of taking responsibility for her own decisions, she blames it on her decision to leave the WTS. Sure, if she hadn’t left the WTS she may have not got herself involved in sleeping with someone, but at the same time, she made the decisions to have unprotected sex. If she had taken precautions, then she simply wouldn’t have gotten herself into that mess and she could be living a happy life outside the WTS.

It’s almost as if the WTS willingly set up young people to fail should they ever attempt to leave the JWs.

• bluegirl78
    bluegirl78

Broken Promises, I agree and think you summed it up very well. Unfortunately everyone makes mistakes, but I think you're especially vulnerable (a/k/a gullible) if you've been extremely sheltered your entire life. And like you said it's always easier for JW's to blame it on the big, bad world than to take responsiblity for their own actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit