see what happens for "all" who venture into the wicked world

by booby 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I think this is also a product of an abstinence only aducation, doesn't matter if it is JWs or Catholics the results are the same, kids who have no concept of protecting themselves.

Also with some of the over protectiveness I have personal seen ,many of these kids are like overwound springs, with no self control when they get in a position that requies them to think something through.

• chickpea
    chickpea

pretty disingenuous (surprise!) generalization....

the article is ridiculous in its assertion that the
    described scenario isnt being played out WITHIN
    the organization.... everything they label as "worldly"
    can be found in their ranks......

BTW... as for me and mine,
    OF COURSE there are difficulties
    and errors in judgment, but by
    and large we are "a happy people!"
    almost to the point of giddiness!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Ther are plenty of sisters who stayed and lost their child because of the WT blood policy - then wasted their own lives peddling lies.

• nugget
    nugget

The society would have us all believe that everyone leaving the organisation or at the very least failing to live up to standards was miserable living a life of regret. The reality is that anyone can make mistakes in their life and anyone can make a success of their life, the organisation is no guarantee of protection, happiness or morality.

• potleg
    potleg

In for 30 out for 20...OUT is way better. If there are any emotional scars they were inflicted by the WT not the world!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

" It’s almost as if the WTS willingly set up young people to fail should they ever attempt to leave the JWs."

BK- It's not almost as if, that is exactly what they do. When you're in they make sure that you have virtually no contact with normal (worldly) people, and demonize the outside world so much, that if/when a person ventures out there, they are like a baby- emotionally immature and having a lack of "street smarts" in terms of dealing with worldly people. Then of course by removing the person's support system by marking, DF'ing, etc, the person is very likely to fail. They can then be held up as an example to the congo to make people fear leaving.

Another thing I have noticed is that the WT does such a good job of characterizing all worldly people as the same- all bad. I think that also has an effect on the JW who leaves the KH because he/she doesn't see that there are good and bad people in the world, and that you can find great people who are not JWs. I have seen where JWs that have left have not made good choices as to who they date/befriend and that adversely effected them.

jada

• ziddina
    ziddina

ManInTheMIddle: "I think this is also a product of an abstinence only aducation, doesn't matter if it is JWs or Catholics the results are the same, kids who have no concept of protecting themselves...."

Heh... I have a dirty mind... I was wondering; do you suppose that the average girl raised in a strict, all-girl Catholic school is any better equipped to handle the 'outside world' than a JW girl pressured into temporary pioneering during her summer vacations, and being baptised at 12 - 16 years old???

I think the CATHOLIC girls would still be better equipped - I think there would be a 'camaraderie' amongst the 'inmates', which would allow information - illicitly gained, perhaps, but information about the REAL world - to be passed among the girls...

Zid

• mouthy
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Here's some items from my post, "To All Ex-JWs who've been hurt by the world"...

"The reason you failed when you went out into 'the world' is because you were supposed to fail - you were deliberately set up to fail - in order for the WTBTS to maintain its hold on you. Their covert installation of a handicap (so to speak) in your mind and personality caused a self-fulfilling prophecy to take place - they said you were going to fail, and they made sure that you did fail!!!

Most of you were taught, frequently from birth or infancy, by parents who were controlled by an organization that told you it had your "best interests at heart", which then LIED to you!!! Not only did the WTBTS LIE to you but they lied to you by implication...!!

Which meant that when you tried to pin them down on the LIES - "But, but, you said 'Armageddon' was going to come in 1975!!!" - "Oh, no, you ran ahead of the organization!" - they could LIE to you about having LIED to you!!! This, of course, imprinted the behaviour pattern in your mind of believing in and trusting those who lie to you! Talk about crazy-making!

The WTBTS (as has been stated many, many times here) says one thing - does another!! It tells you that the world is a dangerous place, then forbids you to get a college education, leaving you vulnerable to financial destitution. Then it uses those who have gotten college educations to reach its goals!! It tells you (in fact, flatters you!) that you are 'special' because you listen to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, then forbids you to read ANYTHING critical, preventing you from developing a well-informed, discerning mind (and yes, I'm using JW buzzwords deliberately!)! It tells you that they have your 'best interests' at heart, then the WTBTS flip-flops on life-or-death medical procedures!! Talk about being SET UP FOR FAILURE!!!

This is unfortunately too typical of WTBTS tactics - demonize all other sources of information, convince the rank&file Jehovah's Witness that only the Watchtower Society is the real and true source of God's Word (which is pretty damn presumptuous of them!), and then set you up to fail if you ever have the audacity - or courage - to attempt to leave....

So what would have happened when you went 'into the world'?? What kinds of people would you have been attracted to or drawn to - what kinds of people would you have TRUSTED??? Yes!! That's right! The ones who would repeat that behavior pattern you'd learned to trust as a Jehovah's Witness - ones who would LIE to you!!! Do you still wonder why you met with disastrous results when you left the organization to make your way in the world?

When young children are exposed to certain behavior patterns, especially in a closed system, they grow up not only believing those tenets on a conscious level, but also seek to recreate the same environment at a pre-conscious and sub-conscious level!!! I think it's called 'imprinting' - same as a gaggle of baby geese or ducks imprinting on their mother...."

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yay! Mouthy's back!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit