see what happens for "all" who venture into the wicked world

by booby 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Because born-ins tend to not have the normal developmental experiences of regular youths, they may suffer from arrested development. It isn't uncommon to see grown men and women who were born-in dubs acting like junior high kids.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Ziddina- Heh... I have a dirty mind... I was wondering; do you suppose that the average girl raised in a strict, all-girl Catholic school is any better equipped to handle the 'outside world' than a JW girl pressured into temporary pioneering during her summer vacations, and being baptised at 12 - 16 years old???

I think the CATHOLIC girls would still be better equipped - I think there would be a 'camaraderie' amongst the 'inmates', which would allow information - illicitly gained, perhaps, but information about the REAL world - to be passed among the girls...

Zid, I don't think that a strict Catholic girl is any better equpped physcially or emotionally balanced, but, I think that guilt may be less of a factor and that can lessen the chance of irrational behavior. i think that kids these days ave better access to information, no matter who they are. Hopefully from their parents. I feel worse for the JW kids that are homeschooled and even the ones (like me) who were allowed NO friends in school.

• OverUnder
  • The Oracle
    The Oracle

I like that video Mouthy!

As for people doing bad things in the wickid world.... I can assure you the congregation is full of every bad act imaginable. Trust me...I saw it all as an elder for many years - anything your average person would consider immoral or evil went on regularly among the brethren. Young people especially. I would guess that there is more disfunctional and rebellious children in the witness world than just about any other religion out there. It is really quite sad.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit