Now That You Can Get Involved In Politics Is It All That Important To You?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Even the Congress doesn't have to worry about votes. They can pass legislation without having to commit!

• wobble
    wobble

I shall vote for the first time in my life in the general Election here in the U.K I am interested in trying to make a difference, with our electoral system here, and the 3 main parties so close on policy that as Will Self said the other day "You could not get an anorexic fag paper between them "

(fag paper is not a Pink newspaper, but a cigarette paper in Blighty) I do not see that my vote will make a big difference, but as I am a floating voter mine combined with a lot of others just might.

I shall without doubt be more involved in the future.

Wobble

• blondie
    blondie

min, I didn't say mine doesn't. But you asked the question, I just answered it.

• restrangled
    restrangled

In local elections, (county and state) including judges, I do all the research I can. It makes a difference.

I always send officials running for election my opinion and whether or not I will vote for them based on their past performance and voting history.

Since Reagan I have voted in all Presidential elections.

After being told for years "we are no part of this world" I came to the conclusion we most certainly are! Apparently the Society does too since they signed up with the U.N. and are still affiliated despite what they claim.

r.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think our vote means anything. Voting is a placebo, or heroin for the masses.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

I do vote. And I get upset about whats going on.

Thats one of the down sides of leaving the tower.

Something different to worry, be concerened about.

Something that I have no control over.

If our vote ever does count or mean anything you can be sure it is about a matter

that is of no consequence.

We in the US are slaves owned by the multi national corporations and slaves dont have

any say.

I have voted since I left the tower in 83. And things keep getting worse, taxes keep getting

higher, Health insuracne has gone from 100$ a month for a family to 800 to 1000.

Wages have stayed the same. Probably gone down in purchasing power.

I was making 11$ an hour in 75. I'm making 13.40 in 2009.

I'm told I'm lucky to have a job.

Gas has gone from 29cents a gallon to 3.00$ a gallon

I dont know what good my vote ever did how could it get any worse?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you think this is a democracy, they got you before you even got out of the gate.

This is a democratic republic. You get to pick people who think they are smarter more

educated than you to vote for what they want.

I'm sure none of the numbskulls voting on the health care reform have read it or know how it

will effect the working man.

And few of your representatives have ever been working people.

• yknot
    yknot

I don't like to argue......

I have a weakness of getting lost in the game of spin and losing site of the bigger picture........

So I don't get that involved......

I can be opinionated but the whole 'your life has been based on a cult's lie and you were thoroughly duped' has shaken me a bit.

So I am cautious ....

I don't think my opinion is better than anothers, we just disagree..... I like to assume we have a mutual goal of a better nation/state/county/municipality.

I might try and vote this year for Govenor....... but haven't began weighing the issues yet and sadly cronyism kinda plays into this years race for my particular area.....

On the other hand I have been active in aiding voter registration and teaching my children the 'process' by which we govern ourselves.

I think everyone's vote means something......

• White Dove
    White Dove

I am very politically minded but know next to nothing about it. I love my country and if I had more time, I would get more involved than just voting.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I voted in the U.S. Presidential election when it was legal in my state (Oklahoma) to vote for my own party's candidate (Harry Brown, of the Libertarian Party). Subsequently, my state government got pissed that the Libertarians had gotten enough signatures to be included on the ballot, so they changed the law to require three times as many signatures to get a third-party member on the ballot. This for me reflected the overall broken nature of the entire so-called democratic system, and I want nothing more to do with it.

<rant>

The political system is borked. We need a libertarian revolution, but we won't get one: though many people like the idea of their government limiting itself to a libertarian agenda as regards themselves, they don't believe their nieghbors are responsible, moral, or "righteous" enough to make their own life decisions without being coerced into "proper behavior".

</rant>

• minimus
    minimus

In principle, politics is necessary....but only in principle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit