Now That You Can Get Involved In Politics Is It All That Important To You?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs cannot get involved with politics. Exjws certainly can and based upon responses from this site, many are quite opinionated about political matters.

Are YOU very involved in politics at this point in your life? Do you really believe that your opinion, your vote means all that in the big scheme of things??

• spawn
    spawn

We have a general election very soon here in the UK and I can't wait to vote as I haven't voted in about 15 years.

• blondie
    blondie

City, county, and state politics have more of an impact on us. We vote and educate ourselves as to the issues. jws I knew would talk a great deal about politics, but of course saying that they didn't vote. We have had local elections that were won by one or two votes.

• minimus
    minimus

Do you think your vote counts with the larger elections?

• blondie
    blondie

If mine doesn't, then whose does?

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I'm starting to get a bit interested, yes. I picked up a registration form a while back but forgot to fill it out, but I'll definitely be voting from now on. I stay up to date with a lot of the big things happening, and I'm trying to learn more about politics and how our country works.

• littlebird
    littlebird

I'm ashamed to say that I'm clueless as to how the political system works. I want to be involved but, not sure where to even start.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No, my vote doesn't mean that much I just go with the flow, at this late date in my life 57 I have little interest in what governments do, I'm much more interested in things of a personal nature.

• nugget
    nugget

They say that in a democracy you get the government you deserve.

It has become important to me it is a responsibility if you live in a democracy to pay attention and participate in the process.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, no one said yours doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit