• TR
    TR

Excellent, Abaddon.

Joel, I hope you read his post.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• gumby
    gumby

Tr said........Evidently, all that Joel has learned about the WTS that shows it to be a fraud means nothing. Or, did you avoid the facts about the WTS, Joel?
    I feel exactly the same way!How could a man with your knowledge return? The reason runs deeper than what you have related joel....what is that reason?

• JBean
    JBean

Hi Joel... I hope you're still on the board to read my thoughts to you. I agree with everything everyone has told you on this thread... both positive AND negative ideas/arguments. I am still technically "in" ... but haven't attended meetings in a long while... my entire family is in also, and I cannot upset them at this point in time. HOWEVER... I KNOW that this organization is not based in truth. I think you do too. I think you know also, that if it is not ALL truth, it cannot be God's spirit directed organization. Joel, I don't understand how you think you will be able to still "be with" Mitch in any way, shape or form if you decide to go back. Anyhow... I do understand that this is your journey, and no one elses, and I wish you all the best. PLEASE check back and let us know how you are doing. Also, could you please answer Flower's question? She is going through a real tough time right now and I believe needs your honest reply. Thanks! Love to you! Jbean

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Joel,

In whatever you do, I wish you the best.

BB

• ianao
    ianao

Joel seems to be looking at the ideal instead of reality. Perhaps reality is just too cold for some people.

I almost pitty joel. Just like a battered spouse almost always finds another abuser, so joel has done.

Enjoy the beatings.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Abaddon,

AWESOME post!!!

((((Joelbear)))))

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Joel...while I respect individual choice to follow your own life course, I don't respect the JW's one tiny bit. They are the same as the Mafia in my book. They kill people and they ruin people's lives no matter how sweet and innocent their business front looks.

Sorry, they are not a nice religion. They are insidious, incompetent fools who are destroying countless lives. I would respect a Mafia hit man more, because at least he is honest enough to admit he's a scumbag.

For the other stuff...well diddo for what Abaddon said.

Skipper

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I think I'll go back too Joel,

You never know, with everything I've learned here i might be able to improve things. Why not have tea and biscuits (cookies) after the Watchtower study? I recon I could make Elder in no time too now I don't give a shit about anybody and with all the theocratic training here, my talks will have improved no end. I don't mind wearing a tie again but i'm not so sure about field service .. maybe I could work alone and tell people the truth .. slip some apostate stuff in with the literature. Are we still in the last days or what?

It's a shame they got ya by the family joel, I hope you keep posting here whatever you do.

all the best, unclebruce.

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

One day I want to grow up to be Abaddon!

Wonderful post!!

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• joelbear
    joelbear

Flower,

I'm not sure how to answer your question other than to say to read all my posts and come to a conclusion about the person posting them.

Read my web page, my lifeism page, the things I believe in, they are all there.

As to your specific question, do I believe that Jehovah's Holy Spirit directs the organization, my honest answer is no. Its not that simple.

I believe that truth exists. I believe truth is rare. I believe that the Ideal of that which I define for myself as "Jehovah's Witness" is truth. I do not believe that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has achieved that Ideal. I do believe individual Jehovah's Witnesses have achieved that Ideal though they are in the minority.

One of the statements on my web page is:

The further away we look from ourselves for truth, the less likely we are to find it.

I have been in a very upset state of mind since 9/11. I would caution against using my statements to define a life path for yourself. Read what I write, read what others write in response to me, weigh it in your own heart and in your own mind to determine your path.

I use this discussion forum as a sounding board. Some would say that this is selfish of me, since I use it for this much more than others do. Maybe I have more questions or at this point in my life more need. I guess that's why Simon limits posts.

Mitch says I am high maintenance. I am sure Teejay and Mommie Dark and many others would agree with him.

I guess I will sum up by stating why I decided to leave the witnesses and why I am reconsidering that decision. Then you can weigh for yourself how these apply to your situation.

I left because I did not see many witnesses working toward the ideal that I held in my heart as truth. That ideal being basically the willingness to submit personal will to a higher will for the good of the whole of the group. This is Lifeism at its core.

I consider going back because I feel that Ideal still exists and may be buried somewhere under all the garbage of hypocrisy, power hungry men, mistaken endtime forecasts, etc.

I sensed it in a private correspondence I had with an elder recently on my questions regarding divine judgement. Maybe he is an exception rather than the rule, maybe not. But I sensed it in him and his correspondence with me.

Maybe it was real and maybe it was as ethereal as the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Flower, again, you must consider, I'm a dreamer. You may or may not wish to follow the same path.

Take care

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit