Brief Explanation

by joelbear 49 Replies latest jw friends

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Joelbear,

I don't know you, but I have sensed that we have much in common.

When you make statements like, Jehovah’s Witnesses are stupid, hateful, evil, etc, you are talking about my mother, my friends, people who I love dearly
    Here, you are eloquently expressing feelings that I struggle with daily. My only concern is that you be careful . Please don’t let your love for your mother, friends, and others become more important than your love for self. Please don’t put yourself in the position where you are sacrificing who and what you are to remain acceptable to those whom you love.

I know that it may not sound possible right now … but it is possible to make different choices and detach from others with respect and love. You don’t have to agree with them or chose their way of life to love them ….. any more than you have to hate them to disagree.

I want you to know that your posts have meant something to me. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to tell you that. I hope to hear from you again soon.

Edited because I suddenly lost a grip on forum code ...

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• TMS
    TMS

Thank you, Joel.

I won't be worried about you.

I, too, have a long heritage as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Its with me every second of the day.

When I smile at a passerby, I know that was my "Kingdom smile".

My patience in line at the WalMart return desk is part of my theocratic training.

In private conversations, I am able to show "personal interest" and if necessary, "illustrations that fit my audience".

It would take radical brain surgery to undue all these neuroconnectors that reflect my heritage.

Its too late for that.

TMS

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Joel you're in for a world of hurt bud. There is no middle ground with the Witnesses. So you're going to be celibate?? Easier said than done first of all, secondly, do you really think that matters to them? Do you think they will let you live as a couple even if you promise you won't touch him? Have you thought this through?

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Thanks Joel.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Dear Joel:
    I support your decision, though I don't agree with it. I told you in my last email-and I'll repeat it here-that the path I see you going down holds only pain and sadness for you. You've got my email and my phone # if you ever need a shoulder.
    With hope,
    Mike.

"You can't have everything, where would you put it?" -- Steven Wright

• JanH
    JanH
    There is a core truth there that cannot be denied.

There is no core truth there. It is a core lie.

See, I denied it.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Well Joel, no matter what, you're doing what YOU want, and that's all that matters in this.

I remember how I left because of how terrible people were to each other in my congregation. Now, I'm filled with hate for all witnesses. I know the unbalance. Human nature?

Your reasons for going back are understood, and I hope you and Mitch stay together, as happy as ever. It's the strangest thing in the world to deal with, the JW'Dom and their silly rules. I wish there WAS only one religion, where everyone loved each other. The world would be in beautiful harmony, then, although most people would think the abscence of variety dull.

I hope we all find our own paradise.

All good things,

Ashi

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Joel,
    I hardly knew you, but what part I did know seemed warm, understanding and caring. I wish you peace and joy in your choices.
    Take care of yourself.

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Joel,

I wish you well but I'm with JanH. But I'm not worried - a few meetings "studying" the Watchtower will make you see that you've already seen the light - and not New Light either.

Good luck, man!

LPH

ps: but while you're back, make yourself useful and FIND OUT PLEASE how long the Society now teaches a Creative Day is. 7000 years or not - has there been new light???

• TR
    TR

Evidently, all that Joel has learned about the WTS that shows it to be a fraud means nothing. Or, did you avoid the facts about the WTS, Joel? I agree with Jan, there is no "core truth".

Is it the fellowship with family and others that you want, Joel? If you carry on a double life just to be close to JW's, well, whatever. BUT, if you are going back because you believe in their crap, then, I'm sorry Joel, but that is disgusting.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit