Can You Get DFd for Working for the Department of Defense?

by daniel-p 62 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Romans 13:1

1 Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. 2 Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves.

Daniel...you might ask your friend how your employment with the "superior authorities" is in conflict with the above scripture?...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Daniel:

Curious about what happened with all of this?????

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It seems to me that there is no principled way of drawing a line. Working for the U.S. government supports the military. Is it a Quaker war mongering problem or a neutrality problem? Paying taxes to the government gives the government money to appropriate for the military. During Viet Nam, activists expanded the reasoning to key industries that supported the war effort.

I don't see how one can get closer to a government than working for a State Department or Foreign Ministry.

I know a physical therapist who was forced to quit his long-standing job at a Catholic hospital by the KH. He had nothing to do with medical decisions or policy or worship.

It sounds like you will have an adventure. Keep safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit