Can You Get DFd for Working for the Department of Defense?

by daniel-p 62 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So, as some of you may be aware, I got a job offer with an agency under the U.S. Department of Defense. The other day I told a member of my family, and they nearly went apeshit.

My question: what reprecussions could this reasonably have? Does the WTS speak of this in any of their publications? I don't have the CD Library anymore and really don't feel like going through their literatrash, so any help would be nice.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This would be a 'violation of your Christian neutrality'.

"Daniel-P is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

I'm sure someone will provide the necessary quotes.

• blondie
    blondie

A jw cannot work for the military even in a civilian capacity. I can remember back in the late 50's that the WTS came down hard on jws who were civilian employees. I heard you cannot work for the State Department.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Well, it sounds like I'm going to be DFd! I'm inactive, though, so I don't think my local hounders will catch up to me, UNLESS of course my family calls them and asks them to counsel me... which could very well happen.

• minimus
    minimus

Daniel, you are BAD.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Well, it sounds like I'm going to be DFd!

Welcome! You will soon have special, 'demonic' powers, in the eyes of the 'friends'.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Screw them, Daniel!

You have to think of yourself now.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Screw them, Daniel!

You have to think of yourself now.

The only thing that concerns me is how this will affect my wife and her family who we are very close to. So far I have been able to stay inactive and on friendly terms with my wife's JW friends... things have been rosy up until now....

• blondie
    blondie

I was wondering if you knew....I should have said something right away.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

If you really loved Jehovah, you would turn down that job and do window washing, while pioneering.

( Also, congrats! on the new job!! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit