Would you be shattered if your mate had sex with someone else? Why?

by goldensky 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

threesomes

I've tried to talk my husband into one but he refuses.

Even when i tell him he doesn't have to touch the other guy.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Snowbird, thank you very much for sharing those thoughts with us.

Mad Sweeny, I admire you for your willingness to even consider giving the woman another opportunity. Coming from a man, it raises my respect for you (girls pleaase don't lynch me for discriminating, but to me the standards of sexual faithfulness should be far lower for men than for women, but that's a subject for another thread - oh dear, you have taken the rope already!!!

Minimus, Keyser Soze and Quirky1, see what I mean, girls? Who of you would even think of that option? You are incorrigible, but I love you for that!

• goldensky
    goldensky

ASphereisnotacircle, that's hilarous!!! Very good! By the way, and I mean it, I envy your sexual drive. Your husband is a lucky fellow.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Exactly, Snowbird, emotional intimacy IS more important than physical. So why make such a fuss if your husband has had sex with a woman and you don't think there's anything wrong in enjoy friendship, connexion and warm feelings for another male/s other than your husband? The effects of a good conversation can last for a lifetime, sex can be forgotten the minute the orgasm is over.

• yknot
    yknot

We don't have an 'open' marriage.

Thus it violates my trust and disturbs my household's security and puts our children's welfare in jeopardy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, I'm still working through this!

If I cared a lot for him, I wouldn't want him to look at another woman, let alone touch her!

The story of Leah and Rachel used to make me cry.

I know; I'm a hopeless fool.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

My partner and fiance of 3 years worked in DC every other week and on his off week we lived together here in CO. I was so crazy about him - I really thought he was the beginning and the end - I adored everything about him. He ended up cheating and it absolutely broke my heart. It has been 9 months and it still hurts everyday. I know I will always have a hard time trusting a man again. Betrayal destroys a relationship.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My wife and I have a great love. We express our great love physically. While some mates say they would only cheat if it were their favorite movie star or athelete that was offering, I wouldn't even do that to my wife. Not for Jessica Alba or even Halle Berry or whoever. For her to do something like that would be a violation of our great love. Even if she said that she wanted lesbian sex and Halle Berry called her and she wants to share, I just couldn't do that to her. It would be great at the time and kill our love later as she asked how Halle was compared to her.

But, I could make the great sacrifice and watch my lovely wife with Halle Berry- just so that radical change in lifestyle would jolt her out of the WTS.
    What a great sacrifice on my part, huh?

Edited to add: ...but I would be taking a huge risk because she may run off with Halle. Oh, I could probably make a book out of it, so I would be okay. Nevermind.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The problem with sex is the moral connotation religion has given to it and therefore culture and society. if you think about it the actual act is just skin rubbin skin until a chemical-physical reaction happens that gives satisfaction. Of course it is more meaningful when there are mutual feelings involved because then the sexual act represents a deeper connection with your mate.

But when the connection is not existent or not that deep sex is just a bodily function and thats it.

On the other hand having an emotional connection to somebody else via conversations or sometimes just by looking at each other could be as meaningful as sex or even more.

So yes cheating should be defined by each couple. I would be more worried if my mate is spending time with someone talking or in enterteinment than if she had just a quick sex experience for the sake of pleasure.

You could be cheating just by texting....by the way you could PM if you want :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit