Would you be shattered if your mate had sex with someone else? Why?

by goldensky 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goldensky
    goldensky

Please don't say, "Yes, for obvious reasons".

It's not obvious to me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

If I really cared about him, I would be devastated.

Sylvia

• carla
    carla

You have difficulty understanding a vow (promise) to remain loyal and faithful to one person?

• awildflower
    awildflower

If I were truly, truly in love with him and he did that just for the thrill of it, no obvious reason, then yes I'd be devastated. If your in a situation where there are big marital problems, I'd wonder why it took so long and might even encourage it!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would not be shattered but I would be really disappointed.

• goldensky
    goldensky

No, Carla, I don't think that's the difficulty... (I'm thinking). I think what I don't understand is what it is about sex that is so sacred...

I know this is weird, and the last thing I want to do is shock anyone. I'm sincerely trying to understand why I seem to have always felt so differently about this subject from everybody around me, if there are more (especially women) who feel a little bit like me. Your opinions may help me to understand myself better. It's not something that bothers me, but it does arouse my curiosity.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Don't know till it happens. I think yes. Because that's what we understand is a part of the marriage commitment. Because it would feel like I wasn't good enough in bed or enough of a sexual partner for them.

How shattered would depend on how I found out and if they'd tried to lie about it and if love was involved. If they came clean straight away and were honest and it was a one-off it would be less shattering than if it was repeated, they lied to cover it up and you found out from someone else. The latter resulting in a total loss of trust.

If it was agreed up front - indecent proposal style then I think one could find ways to not be shattered. For $1m that is.

MMXIV

• goldensky
    goldensky

Really, girls, I'm very interested in knowing why sex precisely seems to be such a big thing (you men are also very, very welcome, but for some reason - ha, ha - I'm more interested in female comments). I mean, I've often derived far more pleasure from an interesting and deep conversation with a man other than my husband than from making love with my husband (and he is very sweet and everything a woman needs, but in spite of that at the end of that day I was much more satisfied with, say, that conversation with a male (or female) friend than from the love-making). I don't know if I'm making myself understood.

I'll be back in a while. I have to pick up my kids.

I love you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's not the sex that's sacred, it's the intimate relationship that's sacred. Stepping out on a intimate relationship to have sex with another is total disrespect of your mate/partner/spouse.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let me announce straight up that I'm out of my league here, but I'll say this anyway.

I married young - age 19 - and was completely clueless as to what sexual intimacy entailed.

Instead of being patient and working out our problems, that hedonistic idiot cheated on me time and time again; I grew to hate him!

After our divorce, 10 years passed before I became interested in another. Well, we got married, but he couldn't stand my daughter, who was a teen and as rebellious as they come. The resultant turmoil led to our separation. I feel as if I've had it with men!

However, I do feel in my heart that true love and harmony with a man is possible, and were I to find such a man, I would be devastated if he had relations with another woman.

I don't think it's the sex per se with another that would bother me, but the intimacy.

Am I making sense?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit