Mission 1 For the Vast Apostate Army: Attend The Memorial...

by Tuesday 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Tuesday, honestly.....Lucious is not Hollywood material. I would strongly suggest that you re-do the video and can him. In order to be effective, you need better representation. You need a speaker that people can identify with comfortably. Nakedness and giant armpits just looks real sloppy. Lucious strikes out. You need someone who can be presentable if you want people to take you seriously. The other guys were OK.

He's the guy who came up with the whole Vast Apostate Army idea. If you watch his videos you'll learn to like him alot. He makes alot of good points, he's playing a part though. Effectively playing the Apostate role to a T, literally the more stereotypical he is the more JWs will talk about the idea.

I just have one personal critique for you. You need to talk slower. Practice talking Southern. Pronounce each word. Slow down.

I'm very much a northerner, it helps me get alot of content into my videos by talking faster. I don't think I'd ever even be able to slow down if I tried, but I'll see what I can do.

I don't get the point. Attend the Memorial..... why exactly?
    I wouldn't be seen dead in a Kingdom Hall. Literally. Although I'm young (ish) and not DF'ed or DA'ed, I've already given my parents explicit instructions that if I die I may not have a Hall funeral under any circumstances. I'm thinking about putting it in writing and distributing copies to friends too.
    So why would I want to go to a Memorial??

The whole thing of the Vast Apostate Army is that it's a self-fufilling prophesy. The JWs feel that people will turn on the "true" religion and then armageddon will come. So we're going to make the turning on them happen. By large amounts of people who don't belong there, Vast numbers of Apostates attending the memorial is like a pre-cursor to our J-Day November 5th, 2017. Imagine what JWs would say if in their congregation of 150, 50 well-known and not so well-known Apostates showed up at the Memorial this year. Then next year 100, and the year after that 200. I mean think about the paranoia it would cause to literally have a 1:1 ratio of JWs and Apostates attending the memorial.

You could always use me in video - middleaged fat bald guy - yeah that's me Homer Simpson!

Well make some videos and post them to youtube and I'll put you in one :)

• Titus
    Titus

I support this idea!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Is the apostate army vast enough to pull this off?

Oh, and I almost forgot: the music-to-voice ratio was too loud.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Is the apostate army vast enough to pull this off?

At this point, the actual army itself isn't too large but it has some pretty large reach. If I cashed in all my contacts I could get about 25-30 disfellowshipped ones from my former congregation to attend the congregation's memorial. In a congregation of 150 that would be pretty significant.

The point right now is just to have a few, a smattering, like 10-20, then next year get more, then the next year get more. See it slowly rising and get the paranoia going. It's a self-fufilling prophesy we're doing here, make it apparent, make it obvious and see the havoc it wreaks.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

No, I still don't get the point.

So 30 people like me go to a Memorial at our former congregation, right? Then what??

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One of the great joys in my life these days is NOT going to the memorial. It would be funny if so many apostates began attending that they had to find a way to make it a 'secret meeting'! Now that would be something.

Jeff

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    So 30 people like me go to a Memorial at our former congregation, right? Then what??

Really? I thought it was pretty well explained. If there's a rumor going around that a Vast Apostate Army is planning to take out the religion on November 5th, 2017 by overflowing their halls with people. If all of a sudden people who "don't belong" at the memorial start attending, it will start more of a furvor.

Imagine yourself as a JW, you hear about this group that is planning to take out your religion by a certain date. Then all of a sudden a group of people show up at your hall that you KNOW have been disfellowshipped for the memorial and they all come in together (maybe even dressed similar). Surely rumors would start, if the next year even more show up in this group, the rumors get stronger...

If you want to create a self-fufilling prophesy you need to make sure that you can get people talking about it.

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

I am attending the Memorial this year (March 30th, a Tuesday) and I am talking to my ex-JW friends about going with me. I went last year and partook at my parents Kingdom Hall, the same Hall I was DF'ed at. The news of what I did spread like wild fire. I know, because I have many JW friends who are not DF'ed and they still talk to me and tell me what the JW's are saying about me. Us going back to the Memorial will make a huge impact, much greater than merely picketing outside of Halls and assemblies. They cannot ignore you if you are in the building, acting calmly, and stating your stand with respect and dignity. I know, because i have done it.

"The only thing we have to fear, is FEAR itself."

"Love never fail."

I'm on the same page with you Tim! If more of us would go, it would really make an impact!

• ziddina
    ziddina

"By large amounts of people who don't belong there, Vast numbers of Apostates attending the memorial is like a pre-cursor to our J-Day November 5th, 2017. Imagine what JWs would say if in their congregation of 150, 50 well-known and not so well-known Apostates showed up at the Memorial this year. Then next year 100, and the year after that 200. I mean think about the paranoia it would cause to literally have a 1:1 ratio of JWs and Apostates attending the memorial...."

Do I get to wear a discreet pentacle necklace???

Zid

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Clint, glad to see you didn't mind me geeking a clip of yours.

I was thinking of putting up some Vast Apostate Army ties on my zazzle store, but they're way too expensive to order from there.

This year it's just a matter of getting enough word out to get a few people there, a smattering is enough. Next year is where the larger groups go, I'm thinking of how hilarious it would be to dress all the same when we're there. So there's no question what we're there for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit