JWs having trouble renting town hall for Memorial due to alcohol ban

by dozy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Most city ordinances are for the "serving" of wine, not it's consumption.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

So, no anointed in Groveland.....bwahahaahaaaaa!!!!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Why not just use actual blood?

• rebel8
    rebel8

lol @ keyser! You did make me think of a few things though.

I wonder if wine is a symbol of blood then why don't they have to pour it out on the ground? Why drink blood symbolically if you can't "drink" it literally (via a transfusion)?

If wearing a cross is horrible b/c it's carrying around a symbolic murder weapon, why is symbolically drinking the victim's blood better? hmmm

The current flap erupted March 1 when Terry Hall of the Jehovah's Witnesses group told council members that the wine at the planned March 30 service would be poured into small cups and served with bread only as symbols.

Small cups? I think that's Roman Catholic, not jw. I just find that remark so totally odd.

Here in wt state they serve it in big crystal goblets.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Why do they feel the need to rent the town hall?!! Is there a reason they cannot use their Kingdumb Hell?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they should run into trouble with the REJECT Jesus Party. First, small children are going to be there--and there is no guarantee that one of them isn't going to think it's grape juice and drink it. Teenagers are probably going to guzzle the whole bottle--that is, if they show up from the street because of the Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign. I can only hope they get more people snitching on them for having alcohol in appealing looking glasses where small children could drink it.

And, since it's all symbolic, what would be wrong with using actual grape juice? That way, it would be safe for all ages--probably cheaper, too. And, no worrying about driving home after drinking it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit