JWs having trouble renting town hall for Memorial due to alcohol ban

by dozy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• recovering
    recovering

Oh would it not be ironic for a group of apostates to sit in the front row and drink the wine

• Titus
    Titus

I am sorry... Where is Groveland?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Oh would it not be ironic for a group of apostates to sit in the front row and drink the wine

They could simply contact the press and local government about how the JW's are misleading them, that people WILL drink the wine.

• blondie
    blondie

I can't believe the jws organizing this were unaware of this restriction.....were these the dimbulbs on the BOE?

It is interesting that the jws are willing to admit that they know in advance who the anointed are in their midst....I knew an older jw man who had never partaken till one year when he was 72. He was balanced and sincere and in his life he had truly exhibited Christian love in his dealings with people...I was not surprised but some were. What if someone like him were in attendance?

• Quandry
    Quandry

The town is in a real dilemma-if they let the JWs have wine, they must lift the ban for all coming after.....yes, what if someone claims to be of the annointed....do they deny them the right to drink?

Hahahahaha....hope they lose the place at the last minute.

• nelly136
    nelly136

so what did they do all the other years?

dont they have their own kingdom hall?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

Sylvia

• nelly136
    nelly136

i dont think the bible said anything about non alcoholic wine being unacceptable?, its not like anyones going to drink it at the jwrejectajesusfleshnblood party anyways.

• undercover
    undercover

If there's a city ordinance against alcoholic beverages at city rec halls and the like, somebody should've known. And religious ceremony or not, if it's not allowed, it's not allowed. The dubs will just have to rent another place.

I went to a JW wedding and reception at a city rec hall. They made sure to remind everyone attending that no alcohol was allowed, so no champagne or wine at the reception. We had to sneak out to our cars and spike our drinks with bottles stashed in the trunks of our cars... Hey...maybe they can do that. Anyone partaking has to go out to the speakers car and take a nip from a flask and then come back in...

• dissed
    dissed

We had the police raid the KH during the memorial once. This was a dry county, and someone, an apostate? called the police and said the JW's were drinking wine in their church. They came in force, and the Elders had to plead with them it was for ceremonial purposes only and NO ONE would drink it. They let the meeting go on and watched the proceeding till the end.

Damn apostates! lol

Now if they let them do it........wouldn't it be nice if someone called and complained they were serving wine, passing it around, with children present? Groveland may raid them as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit