If this don't scare you, nothing will

by purplesofa 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moshe
    moshe

It does matter to an elder, if he is dealing with the average wimpy JW or someone who could hurt them. If he asks the elders who come around snooping- "do you know the difference between me and Charles Manson?"---- reply ---- " I'm not in prison yet", --then they would likely leave that JW alone.

• recovering
    recovering

stop spamming joeleejr44

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Powerful letter. Now just imagine forming a judicial committee and knowing what this guy is capable of.
    "Well, Brother.... even though we have overwhelming evidence, we fear for our lives and will not put restrictions on you."

• Think About It
    Think About It

Evidently not one JW elder had the balls or integrity to make an anonymous phone call to the law authorities to tip them off. Sick thinking, but in their line of reasoning he is a brother who killed worldly people, so he is better than those he murdered.

Think About It

• dissed
    dissed

I studied with a guy, a former gang member who killed an opposing gang member in a shoot out. He was never caught for the killing. This guy was pretty hardcore, even offering to bump someone off for me for $5, 000 if ever necessary.

I told him for him to get right with God, he would have to get right with the authorities first. Thankfully he never progressed very far, so I never had to deal with it.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

While not as serious as committing murders the U.S. congregations are teeming with known and current lawbreakers. They are known as illegal (yes, they are breaking the law) aliens. JW membership depends on these folks for their numbers and their money which they place into contribution boxes. Much of the population of California is made up of such who, while they may do jobs that few others want, they collect benefits that law-abiding citizens pay for -- hospital care, bi-lingual education, roads, police and fire protection, etc. They don't pay for such infastructure services since they don't file income tax returns on fear of being turned in. A vicious cycle.

Where someone close to me attended for a period of time, such illegals make up a substantial part of that congregation. He asked one of the elders how they can turn their heads with such lawbreakers. He was rudely told, "We are not the police, we are not the police, we are not the police."

Unlike the former murderer in Purp's posted letter, these people are current and ongoing lawbreakers. Yes, the elders know about them as evidenced by the fact that they aren't rewarded with special priviledges.

However, get caught smoking a cigarette or celebrate a birthday and the elders become the police in a New York Minute.

Len

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My baptism was put off from a delay in filing our tax returns........which had nothing to do with me, it was my ex-husband.

An elder kept wondering why I had not gotten baptised and when he found out why took care of the whole mess.

But I specifically remembering that being asked of me as a requirement for baptism. I had to be right with the law of the land.

purps

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for later. Yes, this does scare me.

• awildflower
    awildflower

This is sooooo scary. Think about the people sitting in those halls. You never know who they are really! And because we all know now they don't have Holy Spirit, they can snap at any time and kill or hurt again! Not a place for kids or anyone else for sure. Yeah that was interesting, let's council him on the pot but sweep the murders under the rug.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"As elders, you have no obligation to reveal this type of information to the authorities."

Romans 13:1,2

I knew they covered up pedophiles but murderers, too? Pardon my Irish but WTF?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit