If this don't scare you, nothing will

by purplesofa 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nugget
    nugget

And these are the people who are supposed to welcome back the resurrected ones and rebuild paradise. I see an awkward moment for some of the newly resurrected ones who might think they'd ended up in hell when their murderer comes up to greet them.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bookmarked, thank you, Purps.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nothing surprises me with the WBT$..

The WBT$ is run by Idiots!..

................. ...OUTLAW

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Not that I don't believe the WTS is capable of this kind of shameless (and in my opinion criminal ) behaviour, but how do we know this letter is real? These kinds of things can be faked pretty easily...

This letter does typify the jw attitude though, to be sure. The attitude shown seems completely in line with the cold-hearted attitude that exudes from the WTS. Hehe he's a fugitive from the law for multiple murders but you don't have to inform the police, just make sure he isn't allowed to be on microphone duty at the watchtower study, that would be immoral!

You notice how they don't give two hoots about the human beings he may have brutally murdered, or the risk he might pose to the fellow jws around him, putting the emphasis on confidentiality public image management) instead. Revolting.

And I hate how an organisation which constantly bleats about a lack of moral standards within 'the world' is so ready to disregard morality in favour of 'worldly' legalities. If you suspect someone may be a multiple murderer who is evading justice, don't you have a moral obligation to report him? Isn't it just bloody common sense??? I'm sure in this situation, if he is a fugitive from the FBI, then the authorities could build a case of aiding and abetting against the elders in question? It's not like they just heard his confession once and kept it confidential, as might happen with a Catholic priest, but they are actively sheltering him within their congregation. If he were to kill again, surely the people who knew about him would be liable?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Fatfreek, there are a lot of illegals around here too. They are openly studied with and welcomed to the congregations. I asked an elder why they could be baptized while still breaking the law.

He said they were not required to report these people to the police and it was man's law the were breaking, not God's law. They pick and choose which laws apply to them and morality has nothing to do with their decisions. Keeping the money flowing is much more important.

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

Outlaw,

Run by smooth criminals with powerful lawyers... We all wish it was run by idiots.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

My non-Witness family members just look at me in astonishment when I tell them that I knew of someone who had committed adultery in the past, had a child by this woman, and even though he'd never mentioned it to his wife or the congregation elders, was still an elder when his illegitimate child showed up on his doorstep as a grown man.

He'd never paid the mother one dime of child support, never acknowledged this kid as his and never confessed the situation to his wife, but it was overlooked because it was before he'd become a Witness.

Someone pointed out that continuing to keep this secret was ongoing practice of deceit, but again, overlooked. He's still the Coordinating Overseer, as I believe they are called now, of his congregation. Not even a slap on the wrist.

So, yeah, disfellowshipping and who gets turned in for what is all about who you know and where the bodies are buried in this organization, has nothing to do with actual wrong doing or criminality. If you victimize people who don't matter that much to them, they don't care too much.

While certainly not as heinous as child raping and murder, lying is described as a signicantly wrong act in the Bible, isn't it? And evading child support, well, that is a crime, I'm sure.

And yet, someone here wasn't allowed to be baptized because of unfiled taxes? Unbelievable.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

He doesn't qualify for any extra privileges in the congregation? I bet he has any privilileges he wants.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

yes it is scary nowadays regarding who one might be sitting next to at the hall.

• wobble
    wobble

Don't go to the KH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit