What kind of World would it be with NO religion ?

by wobble 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Probably more unified, proven and established knowledge should be mankind's religion.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

A LOT BETTER!

• moshe
    moshe

Well, more people would be unemployed- pastors, clergyman, Rabbis TV evangelists, all the religion shills would have to find gainful work.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

a massive improvement

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We will outgrow religion one day.
    People will have learned to put personal greed and power behind them.
    Don't expect it in the current calendar millenium.

• glenster
    glenster

To me, the question is more "What would the world be like if some people didn't get so 'centric about their belief/non-belief chooices that they weren't friendly in their regard and treatment of each other" and the answer is "better." I'd recommend that as the more modern, forward-thinking way to go. Trying to make everyone of the same group or have the same choice is another way to strive for harmony, but it comes from the opposite outlook and has been a major source of division and harm. (P.S.: unfortunately, that isn't what Lennon had in mind with "Imagine" any more than "Mother" meant he was so sensitive about parents neglecting their kids that he was seeing little Julian all the time.)

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Impossible to answer.

Judge Dread

• wobble
    wobble

I know it is hypothetical, but having experienced the effects of a particularly controlling Relgion, the WTB$/JW's, and found it to be inimical to both personal development, and progress in Society, I believe a World without any organized Relgion would be a vast improvement.

People would have to take responsibility for their own actions, for what is happening to the planet, and they would actually have to THINK !

How strange that would be for JW's, and many who have abrogated responsibility for many things, waiting on God to sort it out, and lost the art of thinking for themselves.

It would still be possible to hold personal beliefs, but only ones which did no harm to others , or the planet.

May the end of "Relgion" come soon !

Love

Wobble

p.s This week I became a member of the British Humanist Association.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Religion has, in a historical context, on occasion enabled culture in the same ways it has on occasion stifled it. I think the world would be a poorer place without the great cathedrals, mosques and other exquisite temples.

Some scientific endeavour has been accomplished through religious exploration.

The great Islamic era of enlightenment has left a legacy that resulted in a foundation on which we have built many aspects of the modern world.

Whether we need religion now is different question. I feel it has accomplished all that it can and is now sometime a hinderance to real progress. The human race has out grown religion.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

good point moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit