Does hell exist?

by notverylikely 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poppers
    poppers

People live their lives in duality because they are wrapped up in their minds, thus everything will have an opposing counterpart - if you can conceive of one thing then you can and will conceive its opposite. Heaven is as much of a concept as God, and both heaven and God have their opposites; it's the way mind works, and that's where people spend most of their time. Maybe it's time for people to spend some time "out of their minds" and see what happens. What exists without mind's interpretation layered over it? Find out.

• tec
    tec

If we're really talking about opposites, then the opposite of God (creator of everything that exists) should be nothing.

Tammy

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I agree with Miniums that no one alive can prove anything, especially regarding topics of this nature.

My interpretation of hell in 2010 is a seperation from god.

Believing there is no God or meaning or pupose to life for me is what hell is.

On the other hand I dont know what the meaning or purpose of life is other than searching for

and trying to understand God.

Who can be rather elusive.

One Scripture in the bible that I like is to search for Wisdom in Proverbs.

I think that is a good thought for everybody belivers, atheist and agnostics.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I don't know if it exists in the after life, but I would say it does every day here on earth,.....

Good God, what a day!

r.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Rev 20:14-15 "…… whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

What about bringing up a "hell discussion" to a JW like this?:

Mr Corious: -The "Lake of fire" must mean that Hell is a burning hot place?

Mr Arrogance: -No, it´s just symbolic.

Mr Curious: -Says who? Jehovah´s organization?

Mr Arrogance: -Yes!

-But what if they have wrong?

-They have not.

Mr Curious: -As they were wrong about Armageddon 1925 and 1975? Or that all young people 1969 would not grow old? Or that people who saw the events 1914 shall see the end of this wicked world?

• cofty
    cofty

Please tell us you don't believe in hell fire.

Its a manipulative invention to keep simple people obedient to religious leaders and extorting money from them.

Teaching a child that there is a hell is child abuse.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Don´t worry Cofty, I don´t believe in hell, I´m just open for the possibility of it.

Please don´t tell us that you are a believer?! (believing that hell does not exist)

• Comatose
    Comatose

funny thread... a few of the old posters were crayzay.

• cofty
    cofty

Open-mindedness is fine but be careful your brain doesn't fall out.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

I hope it will not. To stay open (minded) doesn´t mean to naively believe in any kind of thing, actually it means the opposite. I can stay open for many things, but I don´t believe in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit