My interview with Jehovah's Witnesses

by Danni 60 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Danni,Check out the last 2 lines of the second paragraph in yo-yos post."The elders should immediatly contact the Watchtower legal department to recieve guidence on what the law expects us to do."As you can see,he would do exactly as he`s trained to do,do exactly what his religion tells him.Thats why theres so many cases of chid abuse.They don`t go to the police first,they go to the watchtower legal department,I wonder why?(LOL).As you can see,these are some of the steps in hiding and protecting molesters,and yes men like yo-yo are a big part of it...OUTLAW

• Danni
    Danni

OUTLAW Hey Danni,Check out the last 2 lines of the second paragraph in yo-yos post."The elders should immediatly contact the Watchtower legal department to recieve guidence on what the law expects us to do."

Yes I did notice that. Yo Yo, why do you call the legal department of Jehovah's Witnesses when all you have to do is call 911.? This is what the law expects you to do. No matter what state you are in. I have read more at silent lambs. There are those who believe because there has been cofessions between the preist and the perpetrator (or Elders as you call them) they don't have to report this. I have to wonder what kind of preist(elder) would not want to report this kind of crime.

Believe it or not but sexual abuse can ruin a person's life forever. Especially a child.

Look into the mind of a victim for a moment: They go through the changes in their emotions of feeling it was all their fault this happened to them. They believe they are being punished for something they did wrong. They are ashamed of what others will feel about them. They feel they are marked no matter where they go. They don't feel "normal" any more everyone is clean except them. They ask questions over and over what could they have done to prevent this from happening. Notice it's all their fault in their minds. It's hard to convince them they are not to blame. They are embarrassed for the rest of their lives because they know it only takes one person to throw this in their faces. They live in fear of this happening. The guilt the suffer is endless. True there are some that can bounce back without help but this is very rare.

I have received so many letters in less than two days of my coming on here from people who suffered this crime . They are privatly suffering now. I am not going to send those letters to you because it will i would be breaking their trust of me. I just want you to know it's heart breaking to hear so many stories of persons suffering in private like this. I received a letter that read: "I gained a lot of weight because I knew he would never hurt me again if I looked bad and was fat" My reply: I don't know how to really tell you that it had nothing to do with the way you looked it's just something rapist use because they can get away with this in court. Our society says it has somethign to do with the way women dress and she was so pretty he couldn't help himself. This is bull men can control themselves, there are many men who will stop when he sees this is not something she wants and what about the kids? what kind of person is turned on from a child?"

Yo Yo I understand that you too can become upset over everyone attacking your religion but as i said, before i don't believe all the jws are like this. I don't believe they love their children any less than the outsiders. Instead of feeling pity for a person who chose to break the law instead of getting help for himself/herself let's feel for the victims.

I know I went a bit off but you if you read these letters you would understand.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

Do you notice how Yo Yo put her second face on display when replying to prospective-JW-to-be Danni's scathing criticism.

Biting your tongue, Yo Yo? You're nowhere near as conciliatory to us once-dunked ones who expose the zits on your precious belief system.

Danni, for your own enlightenment, that was Yo Yo's pre-baptism face you just witnessed on this page.

Once you're dunked, Yo Yo's fangs come out; Item One on the post-baptism agenda for you will be ``sit down and shut up!''

And hang onto your firearm: Item Two will be ``give up that gun and badge or out you go!''

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>"I know I said I wouldn't post here again because of the way I made everyone upset over AlanF,but I thought you all might want to know what took place and I do need some advice."<

Why would you want to stop posting here just because some of us got upset about you telling a stranger to 'go get psychiatric help', which I considered inapapropriate in the circumstance, and it was only my personal opinion anyway, and many of us have personally MET AlanF, and he says he doesn't take offense half as much as some of the rest of us did on his behalf!!!!! <pant pant>

You gotta love this internet discussion board thang, huh!!!

Anyway, back on topic----you go Danni!!!!!!

What they usually wind up doing is throwing bible scriptures at you like they do at the meetings. "Now turn with me to Genesis, now turn with me to Revelation, and so on, not giving you a chance to catch your breath. What to do about that I don't know.

here's something for you: at the kingdom hall, a young boy can carry a microphone. a girl cannot. why? To me, if they forbid a girl from carrying a microphone, they should forbid a girl to clean the kingdom hall toilets as well.

Why can a 13 year old boy get up and give A BIBLE READING but a woman with a college education, advanced teaching credentials, and ten years on the writing staff at Bethel not get up and just READ THE BIBLE? Even sitting down,, she can't do it?

These are the kinds of questions they have no answer for, other than "that's just the way we do things'. Any interview with a Jehovah's Witness should be follwed with:

WHY DOES THIS NOT FEEL WRONG TO YOU? And then walk away.

I've seen it work a hundred times at least.

Hee hee.

(((((Danni))))

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Danni,
    There is a process that J.W.'s are taught to go through when it comes to "sin". Especially what they consider serious sin.
    This process is something that each and every Witness is taught to follow and that they believe to be right and Bible based. When it comes the the molestation issue it isn't that they love their children any less than anyone else, it is just that they believe this is the Biblical course. Here it is.
    Matthew 13:15 This is the first step. You talk to your Brother. Try to reason with him and get him to confess to the sin. James 5:16
    Something you need to keep in mind, any sin must be witnessed by two or more people in order for any action to be taken by the congregation. Dueteronomy 19:15
    Now, if there haven't been at least two witnesses to the incident and the person denies it, then it is the one persons word against the other, and no action is taken. If the person does confess, that brings us to Matthew 18:17 This is where the elders come into play. They meet with the person, with what is called a judicial committee. They speak with the person counseling them with the scriptures, whatever applies according to the sin committed. If the person displays what the elders consider a repentant attitude, they will not be disfellowshipped, but other action will be taken. They use James 5:13-16 to support this action.
    Now depending on what the elders decide about the persons attitude several things can happen.
    One, they can keep it private. This is called private reproof. This is handled between the elders and the individual and no one ever knows about it. Two,they can recieve what is called public reproof. This is when an announcement is made to the congregation that this person has been "involved in conduct unbecoming a Christian".(when I was a Witness this was the wording of the announcment that I heard used at the Kingdom Hall from the platform) Again no one in the congregation is necessarily aware of what the sin involved was.
    If the elders deem the person as unrepentant, they are disfellowshipped and again, no one may ever know why.
    This is the process. Perhaps this will help you understand the secrecy.
    The reasoning used for the secrecy, is that any type of serious sin brings reproach upon the congregation and the name of Jehovah, so any who would have knowlege are specifically called in and instructed to talk to no one about what they know. I also know this to be fact, as I have been called in and instructed personally on some cases. I'm sorry, there is a scripture they use to support that, but I can't remember where it is. Once the matter is handled within the congregation, Witnesses believe it is improper to involve those outside the congregation.
    TW

• Danni
    Danni

thinkers wife: I read what you just said. I believe at those times (Bible times) those rules may have or would have worked but, we live in a whole new world now. People can't possibly believe those rules would work today. I never heard of anyone following the Bible to the letter. That just sounds crazy to me. I am not going to be judgemental with them. I believe everyone has the right to worship God in the way that best suits them.

dungbeetle "Now turn with me to Genesis, now turn with me to Revelation, and so on, not giving you a chance to catch your breath. What to do about that I don't know.

hahahaaha well thanks for the warning anyways..

dungbeetle: here's something for you: at the kingdom hall, a young boy can carry a microphone. a girl cannot. why? To me, if they forbid a girl from carrying a microphone, they should forbid a girl to clean the kingdom hall toilets as well

Why can a 13 year old boy get up and give A BIBLE READING but a woman with a college education, advanced teaching credentials, and ten years on the writing staff at Bethel not get up and just READ THE BIBLE? Even sitting down,, she can't do it?

That's a good points you every talk with them about that?

I wish I could take one of you with me I bet you would have a lot more to ask than the few questions I have for them.

Room215: Danni, for your own enlightenment, that was Yo Yo's pre-baptism face you just witnessed on this page.

Once you're dunked, Yo Yo's fangs come out; Item One on the post-baptism agenda for you will be ``sit down and shut up!''

LOL So you think I am in the making of being a Jehovah's Witnesses? Not from what I have learned in here. I'm a strong minded person therefore they would not be-able to take complete control over my thinking. And there are some things I disagree with like, no taking of blood to save lives. Trust me I am not the type of person they want for their religion. I could never just sit back and keep quiet.....After talking with people here I am looking foward to meeting with them this sunday....

• seven006
    seven006

Danni,

The simple fact that the JW's frowning on women caring guns under their skirts would keep you out. The other is they wouldn't let you shoot anybody without express written permission from their legal department. Well.......that and rule about only having sex once a month.

Looks like you have to stay a heathen like the rest of us!

By the way, how is that Kevlar body armor feel in the middle of summer? Bet you wish your were a fire/man/woman/person then.

Your a hoot ya little copper.

Dave

• Danni
    Danni

seven006 Well.......that and rule about only having sex once a month.

LOL LOL Please say you are joking Please hahahaha..

oh yeah I don't carry my gun under there LOL..

• seven006
    seven006

Well it's not an official rule but being married to a JW woman like I was she sure seemed to have adopted it. I even pulled out a publication they had called the "family book" where it said she was supposed to give her wifely due and she ended up throwing the book at me.

I wasted eight years of my sexual prime with that woman. With her attitude and the JW ban on masturbation I became a TV addict. My three sons have no idea what a miracle their birth actually was.

I feel sorry for the girlfriends I had after I left the religion. I think a couple of them are crippled for life.

Boy, .....the good old days.

Get off the internet and go shoot someone Danni!

Big hug ya little trouble maker.

Dave

• Danni
    Danni

Dave...You had me cracking up I almost couldn't write this. I feel for you. Especially the part about her throwing the book at you..

Big hug ya little trouble maker.

Back at you Dave. Hey Alan where ever you are tonight ..how are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit